What Will Reduce Wheel Hop On 03 Cobra???

03dsgsnake

Established Member
:beer: hard launch kit and drag pack from rpm outlet also replace stock bushings and if you havent dropped car yet do so and you will be fine, just learn to master your launch:thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you guys need to realize that every car is different...

I don't hop with Nittos on my stock IRS (MT DR's for the track)

my advice is drag radials first, then lower the car (if it's a vert, get those soft springs out immediately)

and FIRST mod should be a BILLETFLOW diff cover brace

BTW, straight axles can hop too

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
JB said:
you guys need to realize that every car is different...

I don't hop with Nittos on my stock IRS (MT DR's for the track)

my advice is drag radials first, then lower the car (if it's a vert, get those soft springs out immediately)

and FIRST mod should be a BILLETFLOW diff cover brace

BTW, straight axles can hop too

For my power levels, all I did was put on Nitto's and the wheelhop is gone :shrug: It either spins or hooks. Maybe in the summer things will be different?

TrickStang37

Established Member
solid axles will hop too. i had a 5.0 and it use to hop almost as bad as my cobra does now. some upper and lower control arms with better bushings fixed that.

03CobraEG

Established Member
Im not trying to do a solid axle swap, just want to reduce wheel hop another way, maybe bushings? or a irs brace??

convert03cobra

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra convertible with Nitto DRs and you can read everything I did in my sig block. I still experience wheel hop, especally at the track. It must be a convertible thing because coupe guys don't complain as much as convertibles do...and I know I'm not the best driver so I'm sure that has a bit to do with it too.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
I Installed Maximum Motorsports Delrin Upper/ Lower Control Arm Bushings, Poly Subframe Bushings, Adjustable Aluminum Diff Bushings (f&r), Poly Isolators, And H&r Springs. If You Have A Good Ammount Of Time And Patience Do All The Bushings In The Irs, Helps A Lot And If You Do Get Hop Its Nowhere's Near As Bad. Ifyou Use The Poly Iso's Your Advertised Spring Drop Won't Be As Low. M/m Has Great Directions Also.

Sharkster

Established Member
SVTkel said:
For my power levels, all I did was put on Nitto's and the wheelhop is gone :shrug: It either spins or hooks. Maybe in the summer things will be different?
ditto this. Not all the way gone all the time about 95% spin or hook added measure in the spring Ill drop in new bushings and a hard launch kit

Users who are viewing this thread