what will it take for a 06 GT to take me out??? For cash

BPLS1

Established Member
Hi i have a black 04 zo6 with a custom intake system and in magnaflow x pipe. some guy at work is saying the i better watch out on the road cause he is out to get me :D i started laughing cause all i know is that it is mustang gt Auto, from the looks and sound it is stock, what will it take for him to take me out??? we r betting 200 bucks

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
hehe, let him stay with you for a couple gears... then wave bye-bye and go WOT!

jtmach1

Newb
Established Member
You shouldn't have any problem at all. He might do ok with a large shot of nitrous or S/C, but even then.

I ran a 04 z06 with at least exhaust and I hung with him through first and part way through 2nd and once we hit 3rd he left me like I was standing still. Not saying that my car is faster than the guy your going to race, but that's probably how the race will go unless he's running a nitrous or S/C.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
BPLS1 said:
... what will it take for him to take me out???
For you to miss second thru fourth gear.

Before Nitrous, I ran against a stock manual 06 Mustang GT on the track and it was no contest, he ran 13.9@103 vs my 11.9@118. All I had was LT headers and CAI.

On the Hwy, it will be pretty ugly for that Mustang GT unless he is spraying or has some serious mods.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It would be necessary for him to trade for a C6 Z06- or, fully built longblock and T56 along with either turbos or a twin screw running lots of boost.

I personally don't think that he can do it with just F/I given the fact that he's about 700-800 lbs heavier, has an AT, and shitty aerodynamics. JMHO though.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
He can get you with FI, Gears and good tires.

The 06 GT's weigh 3600lbs and are capable of 500 rwhp (manual trans) with 11 psi from a a procharger, whipple or KB. The autos with 4.10's can be pretty quick, you throw a KB in there and they are very competetive with the Terminators and Vettes.

I've seen one run mid 11's at the track.

Quite frankly, I doubt that this guy knows anything, and you will probably kill him.

zincyellow03

Banned
"DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ANYBODY ON THE STREETS!!!"

thats what i learnt! he might have KB with high psi and that is alone good for 475rwhp and which will make him walk all over 04 z06.

but....... if he is stock, just get him in your car once and drive around the block and let him clean the passenger seat.. because he is gonna get WETTT!!!

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I ran a 03 z06 last week from the top of 2nd gear threw the top of third and got pulled by 2 cars and I have 300rwhp and 4:30 gears. Not sure what his mods were....

BayareaSS

Established Member
If the GT is really stock you're goin to whoop his ass!!:eek: Just take his $200 and treat him to :beer:

It will get ugly real fast unless he has some serious mods.

terminutter03

Whipples Shake Nipples!
Established Member
BPLS1 said:
Hi i have a black 04 zo6 with a custom intake system and in magnaflow x pipe. some guy at work is saying the i better watch out on the road cause he is out to get me :D i started laughing cause all i know is that it is mustang gt Auto, from the looks and sound it is stock, what will it take for him to take me out??? we r betting 200 bucks

dude, you are in BP? i'm in la puente. do you ever see the cobras by food-4-less>?

Users who are viewing this thread