What will I run in the 8th & 1/4???

buxracing

I've gone to the darkside
Established Member
Hey guys....dumb question...with my mods what should I expect in the 1/8th and the 1/4? Both time and trap speed.....i'll just be running with my Nitto 555's. I've never run it (except for the street) and i'll be in the Dyersburg area and was thinking about running the 1/8th they have out there just to see what she'll do.
Thanks for all of your help!!!

buxracing

Established Member
Well I ran tonight for the 1st time!
Threw my Dad's BFG DR's on....I made 2 solo runs, let me know if they're good or not.
run 1-
r/t .602
60' 1.692
1/8 6.892 @ 104.6
---1/4 mile estimates???

run 2-
r/t .625
60' 1.683
1/8 6.868 @ 104.9

It actually felt pretty good other than I really need to learn my shift points, and I need to grow some balls and pop the clutch...I rode the clutch out a little and I hit the rev limiter both times on my 2-3 shift :bash:
Don't think i'm gonna go very often as I don't get much of a chance......but that shit can be addicting!
Sorry, but this is my first time @ a track (running my own car) in like 8 years! My 1996 Camaro SS was the last car I ran.....Pomona Raceway for all of you So Cal boys!!

Last edited:

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
I don't know if those are good, but 104-105 in the 8th is haulin'!
Nice times compared to my low 8's!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Wow!!! Nice fuggin times man! I would not doubt it if you run 10s in the 1/4! Wow!

buxracing

Established Member
Thanks guys...I wasn't sure because it felt like I was holding the car back, I've never ran it at a track before.
Maybe i'll go in another couple of weeks to try to get it right:)

Users who are viewing this thread