what will i have to do to install a Eaton M112 supercharger onto me 1996 GT

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
first suggestion would be to read the forums before posting a thread that has been posted a million times before. Not being a dick, just saying a quick search will do you wonders and save you A LOT of time vs waiting for responses from other members. You unfortunitly have a nonPI motor. The 96-98GT's had non PI heads and intakes on them, in 99 ford changed the heads to PI heads and intakes, effectively making the 4.6 2v not suck(non PI heads intakes are VERY restrictive, and HORRIBLY limit the power production of the motor). Your better suited by changing the heads, cams and intake to stock 99+ PI unites(I think Latemodelresto.com makes a swap kit with all the parts you need) google it if not, I know someone does. If not you'll have a hard time breaking 300whp even with a blower. So you can go that route OR if you insist on not changing the top end then look into Vortech, Paxton, or Procharger, they are the 3 big centrifugal blower manufacturers, there is also Kennebell that makes a twin screw blower for those year motors(i think). Also, dont forget, youll need extra fuel, custom tune, clutch, etc.

tobynt

Established Member

aaleuck33

Established Member

aaleuck33

Established Member
first suggestion would be to read the forums before posting a thread that has been posted a million times before. Not being a dick, just saying a quick search will do you wonders and save you A LOT of time vs waiting for responses from other members. You unfortunitly have a nonPI motor. The 96-98GT's had non PI heads and intakes on them, in 99 ford changed the heads to PI heads and intakes, effectively making the 4.6 2v not suck(non PI heads intakes are VERY restrictive, and HORRIBLY limit the power production of the motor). Your better suited by changing the heads, cams and intake to stock 99+ PI unites(I think Latemodelresto.com makes a swap kit with all the parts you need) google it if not, I know someone does. If not you'll have a hard time breaking 300whp even with a blower. So you can go that route OR if you insist on not changing the top end then look into Vortech, Paxton, or Procharger, they are the 3 big centrifugal blower manufacturers, there is also Kennebell that makes a twin screw blower for those year motors(i think). Also, dont forget, youll need extra fuel, custom tune, clutch, etc.

i was looking through this web sight and i don't need the trickflow kit and that seems to be the only 1 available.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Ive heard you can find PI swap kits on Ebay, you can also just piece them together yourself. You need 99+ 2v heads, head gaskets, intake manifold, cams. You should be able to piece it together with new parts for around $1200 ish. You could also upgrade the cams and intake while its apart for not a whole lot more money. Once you change those out you'll be able to make near/over 400whp rather than being limited to 300whp, so basically 90-100whp for $1200 on top of the blower. Good deal IMO.

Stanger00

Established Member
Re-read all of the other posts. And you will see why its not really worth it. If you want to have the novelty of saying "Yeah, I have a Eaton strapped on top of my Non-PI heads"

Probably would be cheaper to buy a 03-04 Cobra long block in the long run.

aaleuck33

Established Member
That's what I've gotten from this I have learned that you have to have to pi upgrades to make any power at all even with any type of forced induction.

Users who are viewing this thread