Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Car will just explode

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
Ok it's been along time coming and the end is in sight. I can't wait So what will I make on the mustang dyno:

MODS:2.3 whipple 23lbs< I think> GT500 pumps, all supporting MODS, magnaflow cb,prochamber and a built shortblock

Let the guessing begin

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Ok it's been along time coming and the end is in sight. I can't wait So what will I make on the mustang dyno:

MODS:2.3 whipple 23lbs< I think> GT500 pumps, all supporting MODS, magnaflow cb,prochamber and a built shortblock

Let the guessing begin

I vote 625-650RWHP.

21+ PSI should easily get you there (625+).

600-625 are you running pump gas?

I don't think anyone could be stupid enoug to run that much boost on pump gas... or at least I hope not :lol1:

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
yea pump gas dd. What would be pushing the blower boost wise with my set up

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Woah ... no no no no dont do pump gas on that much boost ... im telling you .. i dont care if you live where its 93 standard ( i get 91 here in cali )

Dude i was pushing 19-20 psi consistantly on 91 and it made whatsi n my sig .. but it only lasted 2 weeks .. then i hurt my motor .. trully i voutch hard core now that if you have 17 psi and over i would step up to ... torco ... or 100 or something higher in your mix.. straight pump - youll be really running on borrowed time ... mine i couldnt hear detonation at all and it went ... even though you have an efficient blower ... the more boost the more heat and the more dynamic pressure .. you need octane to back that up , ... sure you can retard your timing but .. if you retard your timing to much your just puttingo n a band aid and you will eventually hit other problems .. no matter what thats alot of heat for pump

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member

That's too much boost!

On 93 Octane, you can safely run 17lbs all day long. Some push the limits and run 19PSI.

But NOT anymore than that. You'll need to lower the boost, or run race gas all the time. At that much PSI on pump gas, you'll likely have another engine build on your hands in the very near future.

EDIT: BTW, that's too much boost for even Torco. You'll need to run race gas with that much boost.

Last edited:

udlose03

Established Member
/\/\/\ yea i was just about to say the same, there is no "safe" tune on 24 psi with pump gas. A 20 degree temperature change could cause you to blow the motor.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Listen to PWORLDSTANG .. its soo true , i=t makes me crindge when people blow their motors ... i was long anticipated with my whipple i got sooooo exited and couldnt wait and didnt want to lower my boost but i was too stubburn to do a 100 octane tune .. and i paid for it ... i would hate to hear something bad happen .. yes these motors are tuff and that blower is good but .. you have to stick to the right tune and octane to play safe ... sure run that much all you want but at leaste go 100 .. or lower the boost to 17 like he said above ...

i was at 19 and i didnt even get 200 miles out of that thing .. and it sounded great and seemed to run fine .. not a ping to my ears .. but you cant hear all detonation

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Damn now you guys have me worried.

I've got 3.5/6lb lower combo with 1 5/8 Lt's and an o/r x-pipe. I hope I'm not over 20psi. I thought there were plenty of Whipple's running around on 21psi but with a very safe tune?

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member

I've got 3.5/6lb lower combo with 1 5/8 Lt's and an o/r x-pipe. I hope I'm not over 20psi. I thought there were plenty of Whipple's running around on 21psi but with a very safe tune?

21+PSI and "safe tune" don't go together in my book... unless its a track queen running race gas only.... not sure it'd be "safe" that way either....:shrug:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member

On what blower?... Did you win a KB?? :shrug:

Regardless, race gas should be ran with anything over 19PSI on any Whipple/KB/Eaton.

Posi, as much as you post (whore) around here, you should know that :poke: :lol1:

Personally, I'd run race gas at anything over 17PSI. People run Torco and have good success with it. But Torco can only up your octane so much (32oz. can to 15gal. 93 octane pump gas = ~96 octane).

If it were me, I'd personally rather run a quality high octane race gas.

For race gas (if need be), a few bucks more per tank is a lot less complicated than the headache of a new motor, and all the expenses that are included with one.

:beer:

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member

BTW man, I posted my first post in this thread before you responded that you were planning on running that PSI on pump gas.

I wasn't trying to turn your thread into a 'your motor will blow' thread, nor was I trying to call you stupid.

But, you can't run that much PSI on Pump gas. There's no way around that. I'd really hate to see a thread from you titled 'going on motor number 3'.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought there were plenty of Whipple's running around on 21psi but with a very safe tune?
That seems to be a highly debatable point. I know what you mean because once a month or so there is always somebody's tuner who swears you can run as much boost as you want as long as you pull enough timing. I think I would rather make 575-600 safely with lower boost. Those of you who want 625 or more on pump gas, I think it's turbo time or maybe a stroker is in order.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Lowering the crap out of your timing can be just as dangerous . dosnt matter where your timing is . . hats alot of air +heat that will enter those cylinders no matter what the tuner does ...
No matter what 17 is the highest i would ever ever tell anybody to use 93 on .

I just want to hear about your car making good numbers and trully being safe ..

Go 17 on pump ... then if you really want to turn up the volume have some secondary pulleys on standdby for more boost and tune for race gas .. so you can have a street tune and track tune
theres many pulley set ups to go about that ... i would go 2 # lower and with that 3.5 upper .. youll be about 17 .. then if you want to up the boost grab some smaller pulleys from whipple ... they are really easy to change ... the only time its a bitch is when your changing lowers ..

Users who are viewing this thread