What were you doing at 4:30 today?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Well, I was getting cut off by a 17 yo in a Benz with no license, while driving my work truck ('02 F-150). Then, I plowed into his side and drove him up on the curb where his momentum carried him into the wrought iron fence in front of Downey High School. We were both fine, and the only ones involved. I was in the lane closest to the curb going 30-35 mph. He was in the next lane and decided he REALLY needed to get into the High School, and started turning into the driveway, and into my path. My truck's bumper was bent in on the corner of impact. It really needs an alignment (tires straight, steering wheel 90 deg right). The whole side of his car was smashed from wheel-well to wheel-well. Stupid ass kid.:cuss: :fm: :cuss:

maoun

Established Member
at least you're okay man.....!

some people are such ****in idiots!

time for daddy to buy him a new car, rite?

CobraRLC

Established Member
So how long did it take for Dpd to show? Sorry to hear about the news, thank god you are okay. So do we see a nice new Super Duty truck in your future? Maybe his dad will by him a yogo now... it is what he deserves.......:(

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks for the quick replies fellas. More proof that we stick together.

Maoun, it was like an early '90s model. Sounds like the only thing he'll be getting from daddy is an ass-beating.

Tony, if it would've been my snake, that kid would've needed an ambulance. I don't even think he checked for an oncoming car.

Rob, less than 2 minutes dude. No joke. It's not too much damage. I'm sure the ins will fix it. I just hope I don't have too much trouble driving to Yorba Linda tomorrow, then to Sunnymead (Riverside County) and Aliso Viejo (the office) on Friday. It REALLY needs an alignment. It'll be weird driving with my steering wheel at a right angle.

03DOHC

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. They should take his license for a few years to let him think about that shit.:nonono:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
If he had a license to begin with, they could take it from him. They should've arrested him on stupidity alone.
He shouldn't be allowed to have one for a few years.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
dude, you scared the crap out of me. thought it was the cobra for a sec...wow, but yeah, more importantly, no one was hurt...although a shot to the head of the kid might have helped...yeah, glad you're ok...motor on!!!

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
btw, at around 4:30, i was pulling the head off of my spare L16 motor and taking the tranny off (L16=1.6 SOHC for a datsun...like my 510...and the cool 4 speed stick...definetly old school!)

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
dude, you scared the crap out of me. thought it was the cobra for a sec...wow, but yeah, more importantly, no one was hurt...although a shot to the head of the kid might have helped...yeah, glad you're ok...motor on!!!

That kid would be in a hospital, and I'd be in jail. And, my Cobra would be WRECKED. An F-150 is WAY tougher than a Cobra.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
btw, at around 4:30, i was pulling the head off of my spare L16 motor and taking the tranny off (L16=1.6 SOHC for a datsun...like my 510...and the cool 4 speed stick...definetly old school!)

SWEET!:thumbsup:

It's good to hear that someone was doing something good and productive at that time. The world just balances out that way I guess. The kid's car gets torn down, while your's gets built up.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
well, kinda, i basically tore the motor down the the block, but since i don't have an engine crane, i couldn't put it on a stand. so basically its a short block right now. yeah, finally tuned my datsun right and patched up all the leaks...so yeah, i did get something done today.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
damn dude, glad to hear nobody got hurt and that there was only replaceable/repairable property damage.

if it makes you feel any better, here's the vid of (i think) you and george in a close one @ lacr.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks for the effort Allan, but that's not gonna make me feel any better, I lost that race. 13.11@110 to 13.06@114. I'm the near car. Had him in 1st and 2nd, then he caught me, just barely at the line.

Users who are viewing this thread