What upgraded diff cover is everyone using?

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Hey guys, I have the solid from an 04 Mach 1 on my Cobra. Love it, so much better FOR ME than the IRS.

My diff is leaking though and since we were going to pull it and reseal it, I figure now is the perfect time to replace the diff cover with something a little stronger. I was thinking aluminum, not billet.

My question is, what brand is everyone using? I see the Drake one and people saying you need to use spacers or trim every bolt or it will leak. Any other/better options? Thanks.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Shit I should have mentioned I am switching to a MM 3 link setup, panhard bar and torque arm, so I guess it needs to be low profile? The TA one from Lethal is one I am looking at.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I've used the same style girdles over the years and the next time I plan on going a diffrent route.

This girdle doesnt have the bolts for the C clips but its finned and will keep the fluids cooler. ARP bolts are included

1986-12 Mustang 8.8" GT500 Style Finned Aluminum Rear End Cover at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

That looks like a nice piece and a good price IF it will fit with a panhard bar. I think I am going to order it and try it out. Thanks for the link.:beer:

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I've used the same style girdles over the years and the next time I plan on going a diffrent route.

This girdle doesnt have the bolts for the C clips but its finned and will keep the fluids cooler. ARP bolts are included

1986-12 Mustang 8.8" GT500 Style Finned Aluminum Rear End Cover at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

My decision was made easier when Tousley Ford posted they can get me this cover for $64 plus shipping, so I am ordering that one and if it doesn't fit with the panhard bar, I'll update the thread.

Explosive

Established Member
I run the trick flow girdle on my 03 and 79,

248417_217744004926694_100000732889449_708660_3197891_n.jpg

gq916

Established Member
I have a panhard bar and the 2013 GT500 finned differential cover does not work with the panhard bar. Not enough clearance to get it up there. Any recommendations on which one would fit?
I really only need something that has a drain plug. Don't really care for finned or fancy looking ones. Please help. thanks.

caliboy08

Established Member
I have a panhard bar and the 2013 GT500 finned differential cover does not work with the panhard bar. Not enough clearance to get it up there. Any recommendations on which one would fit?
I really only need something that has a drain plug. Don't really care for finned or fancy looking ones. Please help. thanks.

i run an MM phb and use the low profile T/A diff cover. Part # is TA-1806B.

Users who are viewing this thread