Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
I currently have the OEM SVT rims in chrome. I need to buy 17 X 10.5 wheel to mount the new 315's I bought. I can't make up my mind. My car is an 04 Silver vert with tinted windows and a black top.

What do you think looks the best on a light colored car? Black, Black w/ Chrome lip or Chrome. If you have pictures of a silver Cobra pls post. Thanks

cgjarvis

Established Member
I had black rims before...I would never do it again. You can't tell what they are until your 10 feet away...from a distance (to me) they look cheap and ghetto. Chrome looks better(to me) and is easier to keep clean. But polished with a good clearcoat looks nice too. FR500s in silver with a polished lip would look sweet on your rig! For your best bet...search on here for pictures of rims you like on the same color car. Look in the forsale section or Ebay. Lots more pictures to look at.

In the end..it has to be what you like. No one else. Good luck
Chris

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
cgjarvis ...search on here for pictures of rims you like on the same color car. Look in the forsale section or Ebay. Lots more pictures to look at.

I did a search befor posting but didn't find too much. I will try your criteria.
Thanks

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Black w/chrome lip does it for me.
dsc1522hi6.jpg

dsc1503wc6.jpg

dsc1713og5.jpg

dsc1705qs0.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
cgjarvis said:
I had black rims before...I would never do it again. You can't tell what they are until your 10 feet away...from a distance (to me) they look cheap and ghetto. Chrome looks better(to me) and is easier to keep clean. But polished with a good clearcoat looks nice too. FR500s in silver with a polished lip would look sweet on your rig! For your best bet...search on here for pictures of rims you like on the same color car. Look in the forsale section or Ebay. Lots more pictures to look at.

In the end..it has to be what you like. No one else. Good luck
Chris
Wow sounds like you bought some cheap/lousy wheels. Sorry about that.
Do my wheels also look ghetto?
Did you ever wash them or do a spray and pray?

Last edited:

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Nice!

CPViolation said:
Black w/chrome lip does it for me.

Now on a black cobra those look absolutely awesome. A little touch of chrome and it's perfect. Nice ride!!!!!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Dark cars chrome, light cars black. Its the contrast that bring each out. -Shane
100_0791.jpg

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
MIKEC501 said:
just but the 17x10.5 chrome rims for the back stock wheels look best.
If you ever plan to upgrade to bembo gt's (or the like) which have a 14" rotors, you'll need to upgrade to 18: wheels.
Jeff

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
I would say chrome it will hide dirt and the rust from rotors better. Black rims are nice and on a white or black car I say go for it. Chrome is where its at it draws attention and looks great when you are driving and sitting still. I have 19" black Niche's with a deep chrome lip and people love them but they dont jump out at you I want Chrome. Go Chrome on a silver car

gotboost03

gotboost?
Established Member
oh yeah and I would def. go with 18's it fills that huge wheel well better. My 19's are to big not enough tire and 17's just dont fill it enough.

Users who are viewing this thread