what type of boost for a 5.0

Which type of forced induction would you run on a 5.0?

• Twin Turbo

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Single Turbo

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • Roots Blower

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Centrifigul(sp?)

Votes: 32 27.4%

• Total voters

longrodLX

Established Member
i would not consider smaller heads. and AMP has a very bad rap enough for me to steer clear of them.
i got my 347 SB from CHP coast high performance. i know theyre modulars arent that great but the pushrod block i got from them was great and they had awesome customer service. i had 8.3/1 compression and i have the AFR 185s with the track heat intake. it was nasty N/A on the street. my buddy is now putting it in his car with an S trim and 10-12lbs of boost and it will be done this week. i will let you know how it does

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
cool...ive looked at hellion but they dont have an automatic kit and ive looked at vecco for turbo kits...i did like the ati but i dont like the drivers side mount set up...has anyone tried the vecco or hellion on an auto??

5.4 speedster

Banned
hey man I live in the valley as well and I would like to tell you to stay away from AMP. check out 1320stangs.com and see what local stang owners from Az have to say about them. I went with a Coast highperformance 331 and have been very happy.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Big single for sure :thumbsup: Flip the shortys and find a good welder to dial you up a nice crossover/piping/exhaust and use the late 80's/early 90's 302 f150 intake mani. Drop the money you save on a built c4 and a good head unit (precision t-series or a nice garret gt-series). I'd go aem as far as management goes too, initial investment is a lil pricey but its WELL worth it in the end (esp. if you wanna keep it a 5speed). Good luck :beer:
Almost forgot get twin svt focus fuel pumps work well and they're cheap :-D

Last edited:

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
i have an automatic now thats y i cant get the hellion kit...i really like it and the vecco...what do people think about them?

longrodLX

Established Member
i would check out joes kit. im sure he has a kit for an auto and good pricing. i think his webiste is boostedsystems.com

random-strike

Banned
boostaholic said:
Big single for sure :thumbsup: Flip the shortys and find a good welder to dial you up a nice crossover/piping/exhaust and use the late 80's/early 90's 302 f150 intake mani. Drop the money you save on a built c4 and a good head unit (precision t-series or a nice garret gt-series). I'd go aem as far as management goes too, initial investment is a lil pricey but its WELL worth it in the end (esp. if you wanna keep it a 5speed). Good luck :beer:
Almost forgot get twin svt focus fuel pumps work well and they're cheap :-D

whats so great about that f150 IM?

i have one... is it better than my 5.0 HO im?

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
random-strike said:
whats so great about that f150 IM?

i have one... is it better than my 5.0 HO im?
Depends on the setup but you generally get alot more torque and lowend power from the f150, at least thats what I've been told. It would make sense due to the portly weight of the f150s and the need to get that big bastard moving at lower rpms. Try swapping them around and see, dyno sheets would be even better :thumbsup:

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
im now pretty sure im gonna end up getting a coast-high 347 with AFR 185's prolly around 8 or 8.5compression...not sure on the cam yet...bbk ssi intake is the one i want and prolly either a hellion turbo and ill modify the cross over or a vecco turbo...im gonna also have a built aod...not sure on how much boost so that will have to be figured but im wanting to shoot for around 600hp...im running 4.10's now so that may have to be dropped back to a 3.73...let me know anymore suggestions the help ive gotten so far has been great

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
ive been told numerous times to avoid the e cams and go with like an isky or an anderson or somethin like that...what does anyone know about those

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
03infrasvtf said:
ive been told numerous times to avoid the e cams and go with like an isky or an anderson or somethin like that...what does anyone know about those
You don't want overlap with boost or ill shit will occur, find a turbo-specific grind that suits your application. Just looking for a minute I already found a decent turbo cam from crower.

5.4 speedster

Banned
I had a hard time understanding why turbo's don't need the gearing but from my understanding it's because they don't build boost based on rpm's

Users who are viewing this thread