What turbo's and intercooler

XtremeS10

Established Member
I am starting research on doing either a twin turbo or big single on my Raptor, mounted in the Y pipe, and run up to a front mount intercooler, then into the engine with my factory GT500 injectors, and a boost a pump. I am going to piece together all the parts as opposed to buying a universal kit, and want to build it right, but not go overkill.

The goals are 500-550rwhp on 93 octane on low boost. Just looking for some fun and always wanted a turbo vehicle. What do you guys think? What turbos? What intercooler? Boost levels? Long tubes? Waste gates? What all parts do I need?

Forgot to add, I want to keep the cost around $5000-$7000, does it sound feasible?

Last edited:

XtremeS10

Established Member
Ok so here is where I am, I am going to make my own setup, collect my own parts, and home build mine. I want to go with a 62mm I think or potentially a 67mm, what do you all think? What trim? I know very little about turbo selection so thats my biggest hurdle at the moment

CPRsm

I'd say the 62 might be a bit on the small side for the turbine.67 or 70 would work well. They both have larger turbines. Where does the truck shift ? I can get you probably anything you want for that thing, but turbo is the first step. 550 max, or do you think you may want a bit more down the road ?

XtremeS10

Established Member
I'd say the 62 might be a bit on the small side for the turbine.67 or 70 would work well. They both have larger turbines. Where does the truck shift ? I can get you probably anything you want for that thing, but turbo is the first step. 550 max, or do you think you may want a bit more down the road ?

550 max until I decide to build the rest of the drive line up. I want to keep it on 93 without changing the compression and such. The truck shifts at 5900 I do believe.

XtremeS10

Established Member
Getting interesting, I think I can build myself a hell of a setup!!

CPR PM was returned

2002- Still not sure what I'm going with for 10-12psi, but I know it needs to spool quick even though its remote mount, I want the least amount of lag possible for it.

Last edited:

CPRsm

We'll figure it out based on where you mount it. The closer to the engine the better. But you don't want too fast. Annoying as hell to drive if you go up the slightest hill and the turbo starts cutting air. It's fun for a bit, but on a DD, bleh

XtremeS10

Established Member
We'll figure it out based on where you mount it. The closer to the engine the better. But you don't want too fast. Annoying as hell to drive if you go up the slightest hill and the turbo starts cutting air. It's fun for a bit, but on a DD, bleh

Gotcha, I think it should be fairly easy and inexpensive to do and should be a perfect location at the end of the Y pipe :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread