What tracks are in PA?

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
And which one would u say is the best hooking in PA? I wanna start trying some different tracks.

Wayneo

Established Member
What tracks have you been going too. I usually only go to Englishtown and Atco but they are in NJ. There is Maple Grove in Pa but I have never been their.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Maple grove is a quality track. My uncle tech's there.
I will be at the NMRA races there in early Jun

BTW, it's about 3 hrs from me. Just short of Lancaster area or Shillington.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Wayne, i've been going to Atco. I'll be trying out Englishtown this year. So i assume you're closer to Atco than Maple Grove? I see quite a few PA boys at Atco. Last time i was there, there were 3 03's..one black, one sonic blue and the other grey i believe.

Damn, 3 hours, Rog? I wonder if Cecil County Raceway in Maryland is closer then.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Damn, 3 hours, Rog? I wonder if Cecil County Raceway in Maryland is closer then.
About the same. I can be in Morristown, NJ in about 2 hours. And Cecil County is just shy of an hour from me....in the opposite direction.

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
Cecil county hooks well, I cut a best of 1.87 60 foot on pep boy tires. If you go saturday they prep the track and I run 50 plus times.

john

Sirus

Established Member
I've been to maple grove when I used to live in PA and I thought it was a nice track. You should check it out sometime.

GIRLIE5OH

Established Member
Cecil is a good track to hook on, also there is Island Dragway but, that's up in Great Meadows NJ kinda far 4 me but, I have been there as well. Atco is rediculous anymore I can't be bothered running my car there.. waste of time that's if ya even get two passes in 4-5 hours! Lmao :lol1:

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by GIRLIE5OH
Cecil is a good track to hook on, also there is Island Dragway but, that's up in Great Meadows NJ kinda far 4 me but, I have been there as well. Atco is rediculous anymore I can't be bothered running my car there.. waste of time that's if ya even get two passes in 4-5 hours! Lmao :lol1:
I assume you are going to the track this year. If I go, I go to Cecil since all of friends live close to it. And I heard Island was a shit*y track.

GIRLIE5OH

Established Member
Island=Shitty....but its "SHADY"...that can be good at times! :rolling:

Wilson & Co

Established Member
Girlie... Don't be so harsh on Island. The crowds aren't bad and the track prep is usually OK.

They just got thier LED tree and new compulink setup. They are also fixing the entrance road this spring !!!

I'll be there the next 3 weekends testing out the new cobra

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
I always heard good things about the hooking at Island..only negative things i've heard was the facilities, etc. As long as i get good traction and they're lenient on what u run, i'm thinking of going. Around 30 minutes away as opposed to 2 hours for Atco..can't be beat.

GIRLIE5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
Girlie... Don't be so harsh on Island. The crowds aren't bad and the track prep is usually OK.

They just got thier LED tree and new compulink setup. They are also fixing the entrance road this spring !!!

I'll be there the next 3 weekends testing out the new cobra

Not being harsh, stating the facts that's all I wasn't the only one that said it was shi**y...like I said its good for being shady which means there "isn't" alot of people there which is a "good" thing. All I remember was a pothole infested entrance and the facilities were kinda rough.

RE:Xplicit...I totally agree with what ya said :thumbsup:

Wilson & Co

Established Member
Originally posted by GIRLIE5OH
Not being harsh, stating the facts that's all I wasn't the only one that said it was shi**y...like I said its good for being shady which means there "isn't" alot of people there which is a "good" thing. All I remember was a pothole infested entrance and the facilities were kinda rough.

RE:Xplicit...I totally agree with what ya said :thumbsup:

OK, I "understand" :lol:

yes- facilities are lacking for lack of a better word. But If you go up Franco let me know. I'll be there running both my cars this sunday and then next Sunday for the Mustang/Camaro race.

See ya Later,
Rog

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Hey Franco!! Whats up with the Atco Track Rental? I couldnt find the post to see if its time to give money or what?

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
It'll be for the fall..Atco gave away all the Spring dates ALTHOUGH i called them back in January for April and they didn't get back to me until 2 weeks ago. I'm totally annoyed with them.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
OK, I "understand" :lol:

yes- facilities are lacking for lack of a better word. But If you go up Franco let me know. I'll be there running both my cars this sunday and then next Sunday for the Mustang/Camaro race.

See ya Later,
Rog
For sure, Rog. This whole finding the right clutch is giving me fits tho.

Users who are viewing this thread