What to was with between waxing

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I use Zip wax car wash (I think Turtle wax makes it) and it seems to hold up very well. Just towel off after you rinse. I've used it for years with my black gt and wifes red cobra. The sonic blue '03 likes it as well. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get other suggestions too.
Ray

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I use the Zaino car wash. Zaino is the only thing that touches the car.

George Wax

Established Member
A good test is to use your favorite Quick Detailer type of product mist the product on the surface, if it's difficult to remove it would be time to re-wax...You can also use the cotton towel test on a clean surface rub your terry cloth towel if the towel squeak's on the paint surface it's time to re-wax...I like the first technique better...

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I use the Zaino car wash. Zaino is the only thing that touches the car.

Ditto.

Question - Is it bad to wash the car one day, drive it to work and back the following day, spray it and wipe it with Z-6, then wax it? Should I do a WASH before waxing or would a good wipedown suffice?

~Berj

Orange Poison

Established Member
Man, I would ALWAYS wash the car before waxing, no question. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Paint could still have dirt particles in crevices and what not that you could pick up

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Tony, your car always looks spit-shined, so I think I'll take your advice ;)

Only thing I hate is the pools of water in hard-to-reach places after washing... have to wait for them to dry before I wax! I guess I'll try using the electric leaf blower...

~Berj

musclesBMF

Established Member
Just used Zaino for the first time this past weekend and it was nothing less than amazing!! I will never use anything but Zaino from here on.....2 coats of Z5 and 1 coat of Z2 = better than the day when I bought it.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by Andorion
Tony, your car always looks spit-shined, so I think I'll take your advice ;)

Only thing I hate is the pools of water in hard-to-reach places after washing... have to wait for them to dry before I wax! I guess I'll try using the electric leaf blower...

~Berj

Thanks Berj!!!:beer:

BTW: I hope your Snake is running fine now. From what I last read, she's back to normal again,:thumbsup:

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Yup, lookin' good again, thanks! I'm picking up my the Borla Stinger later today, hopefully get it installed early next week - can't wait!

~Berj

stangin

Established Member
Soap

Why use soap at all?? Hose and clean soft rags, been doing it for 20 years that way.. try it you will see you really dont need soap and its easier on the paint that way and the wax lasts a whole lot longer without using the soap. Only one time I have ever used soap is when I let the water dry before wiping it, the calcium is horrible here, left all kinds of hard water spots so I had to soap it down to get it off, but then I rewaxed. Bugs, I wipe them with just the water and rehydrate them and five minutes later they are much easier to get off and tar and bug remover for the tough bugs and road tar.. spot treat as necessary and rewax where you used the tar and bug remover as it strips the wax.

If you must use soap, the already posted soaps are all pretty good, but do not use dish soap, Dawn etc.. this is very hard on the paint and strips the solvent out of the paint - this solvent never cures in the paint and is what makes the paint glossy. This is what I was told by a professional painter years ago.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Mother's makes one that I found to be pretty good. It's PH balanced, says on the bottle WILL NOT REMOVE WAX, and resists water spots.

I like and I've been using it on my 03.

Users who are viewing this thread