What to use on black wheels

waggs

icy.i see.eye sea.icee.
Established Member
My black saleens are starting to show swirls and I was wondering if there was anything specific I should be using to clean them. Usually just powerwash them and clean them up with meguiers last touch spray. Is there a certain wax I could also use? Thanks.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I know this is a little older thread but is there any advice? Ive got black wheels and they are starting to look a little rough.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
meguiars mag polish - you can buy it at pep boys - put a few applications on to see some amazing results!

I would try a conventional polish or something like Meguiars scratch-x on black painted wheels. The mag polish is more suited for a bare metal surface, it might be too abrasive for a clear coated wheel.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I would try a conventional polish or something like Meguiars scratch-x on black painted wheels. The mag polish is more suited for a bare metal surface, it might be too abrasive for a clear coated wheel.

Is that what you use?

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I was having the same problem on my black FR500's. Used some meguiars cleaner wax and a microfiber and it made a huge difference. Not back to brand new but very close.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Is that what you use?

Actually I use Optimum Polish and then Klasse All In One, but something like Megs Cleaner wax as was mentioned would work great as a one step. It has the ability to clean up the scratches and leave behind protection. It is SO much easier to clean wheels that have been waxed or sealed.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Thanks for the information guys. Looks like I'll have to do this in the coming weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread