What to upgrade first

erick stangup

Established Member
What do you guys prefer to do when upgrading a car? Do you buy a f/i first or upgrade suspension? REASOn im asking is because i have a 2011 5.0 that i want to upgrade. by the end of the year i will be able to either buy me a supercharger or get a new suspension.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Extra power is worthless without traction. Especially if your car is an M6.
Most A6 auto cars can get away with no suspension upgrades, just add tires when adding power on the autos. Especially with Forced Induction.
If your car is an auto, get the blower and some tires and get ready to have a blast. If M6 I'd recommend suspension, with an eye towards traction.
Just my O2's worth.

erick stangup

Established Member
Yea i was thinking the same. I was leaning more towards upgrading my suspension. I have an m6 with 3.73 gears. I guess an super charger would be pointless at this poiny

Rochambo

Established Member
Not pointless at all. You can still have fun with the supercharger. I recommend the supercharger if you have the cash to only do one or the other now. Reason being because you can always upgrade the suspension one piece at a time, as you get money. Every thing you do to the suspension, will make a difference for the better. You can have fun with some extra power for the time being.

Or you can spend all the money on the suspension, and then have to possibly wait forever to save up for a supercharger. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy.

MR.SVT

Established Member
Suspension and brakes always first for me..But since car came with Brembo's all I needed was suspension. As my signature shows. made a night and day difference in handling and looks. Power is plenty for now (stock other than the CAI and Steeda 93 tune). What ever you do always be safe out there. enjoy your ride.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
If I could do it over I wouldve gotten the blower first to be honest. I started off with longtubes, offroad H, cai, and tune. Then suspension and exterior work. If you can for sure afford a blower by then end of the year start with an axleback to spice things up and beef the suspension for that blower.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I would build the suspension, then the exhaust with CAI and tune. Followed by the internals then finally the FI of choice. It might take years and a lot of money but in the end you'll have a beast.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Blower first sinse its most exspensive. Thats what I did and just upgraded the rear wheels with the 18x10 AM replicas and MT drag radials.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Don't forget an MGW shifter, better clutch and SS clutch line for when you get that blower.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
Extra power is worthless without traction. Especially if your car is an M6.
Most A6 auto cars can get away with no suspension upgrades, just add tires when adding power on the autos. Especially with Forced Induction.
If your car is an auto, get the blower and some tires and get ready to have a blast. If M6 I'd recommend suspension, with an eye towards traction.
Just my O2's worth.

+1 Suspension

Users who are viewing this thread