What to expect out of a KB'ed/Procharged 03 Cobra 4.6

Sixsixstang351

Touchdown, California!!
Established Member
I know someone on the stangnet classics forum that acquired a wrecked 03 cobra with complete drivetrain.

he is contemplating whether he should go with that or a 460 in his 67, since they are roughly the same size (widthwise). I'm telling him to go with a Cobra 4.6 because, among other things, he can get up to 600 rwhp with a KB or Procharger that is totally (well, more streetable than a comparable 460, anyway) streetable, as opposed to a 460. Is this true, the entire forum is in disbelief at that statement. I also told them a pullied, cai, and catback'ed cobra can hit 450 rwhp. Am I speaking out of my ass? :)

Also, although I have my doubts as to a Cobra rear consistently handling the KB/Procharger... I don't think it'd have too much trouble holding up to the pulley/cai/catback car. Comments?

Thanks

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
Yes, a KB'D, Procharged, or Whipple'd Cobra can hit 600rwhp with about 17psi on a stock motor.

Yes, a pullied, chip, CAI, exhaust 03 can hit 450 easy. A 2.75, chip, CAI, mid pipe, cat back, chip, ported blower 03 can hit 500.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
there is NO WAY a N/A 460 with 600rwhp can be as streetable as a whipple/KB/procharged 03 motor with the same power.

unless he wants to change plugs every week, tell him to go with the little engine that could

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
seems like your pretty much on target.

A pullied eaton (read upper and lower) with a good tune can net some crazy #'s if you don't mind spinning it to the moon.

Not sure what your comment on the rear is... If he's got a '67 the 9" it came with is all one could ever want.

ROg

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
No, you're right on the money.

Pulley/CAI/Catback cars are putting down 450+ at the wheels. Lots of KB cars are putting down 600+ and there is no doubt that the Procharged cars can do the same, if not more.

Very streetable as well. My car has 480/500 and it drives like the way I drove it when I first bought it (minus the traction)

Users who are viewing this thread