What to expect diconnecting battery/airbag?

frank3si

Established Member
What to expect disconnecting battery/airbag?

Howdy folks -

I'm catching up on some Cobra projects that have been way overdue (just installled my Tri-Ax yesterday after it arrived months ago!) and next on the agenda is my FR500 steering wheel swap.

I've read a few tutorials about the procedure, including disconnecting the battery negative first followed by the positive, waiting 10-20 minutes before proceeding with the airbag disconnect, etc. I'm not too thrilled about monkeying around with the airbag area, but it's gotta be done, so...

Anyway, when all's done and the battery is reconnected, can I expect any odd behavior from the car upon starting it up after the battery disconnect?

Thanks -

Frank

Last edited:

frank3si

Established Member
Thanks, Mike - that's one of the threads I found, but it doesn't really go into post-procedure. I did find this in another FR500 wheel install page:

>>>Since the computer has been reset by removing the battery power you will need to drive the car so it can reset some of its basic settings with your engine components<<<

but I'd still like to get some first-hand reports and any more details if applicable, and if there are any concerns to watch out for.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread