What to do?

CW1343

Established Member
This question may seem odd but I've got to ask it. I have a 1993 Reef Blue 5 liter hatchback Mustang that I've owned for the past 2 years. The car is my daily driver and has been great. As of right now the car is 100% bone stock with the exception of Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers. Over these past two years I've been going back and forth on whether or not to modify it or leave it alone. I would be looking to make a nice daily driver that I could take to track days and autocrosses alike if I were to mod it. I'm just looking for any input on what you guys think. Leave it alone or go for it?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I dunno man, your call really. Unmolested fox mustangs are getting harder and harder to find these days, so if you have one, and keeping an example of the breed matters to you, you should probably leave it be. However, it's your car, and you should do to it what gives you the most joy.

If that is to leave it all original and show it off like that, then great. If it's to make it something you can track on the weekends, then so be it.

vfast

Established Member
track days and auto crossing are 2 greatly different animals. like above if this car is in great shape i would just do some minor boltons i had to look for 1 year to find an unmolested 'vert as i have 5 other that aren't close. i would do gears 3.55's, pulleys, quite exhuast with a nice set of headers. put in a 65mm tb and a 73-76mm maf and you might be pleased with the results.

CW1343

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll leave it alone. Both of you mentioned something very true in the fact that unmolested Foxes are getting hard to find. Looks like I'm in the market for a new car.

DRCjasper

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll leave it alone. Both of you mentioned something very true in the fact that unmolested Foxes are getting hard to find. Looks like I'm in the market for a new car.

It is getting really hard to find original cars. I think you're making a good choice!

Users who are viewing this thread