What to do???

Hillbillyred

Established Member
With tax and bonus season around the corner im thinking of two mods for my 2013 boss. One is a full set of lt headers, hi flow cats and a tune of some sort. The second is possibly and set of cams. Which wud you do first and why? Which will yeild best power gains for dollar spent? Eventually i plan to put a blower on this car buy that is probably over a year away. Just looking for which direction is the most productive. Any info would be great.

cbj5259

Established Member
Enjoy this next tax return...if congress and the president don't pull their heads out of their own asses and resolve this fiscal cliff thing then big tax returns will be a thing of the past.

Sent from my sharona

Last edited:

Hillbillyred

Established Member
A tune and exhaust to start. I don't think there's been too many people camming yet -- but a tune and exhaust and you're at 3k anyway.

Thats kinda what im thinkimg as well. I just saw some comp cam sets online and was just curious if they wud be worth it. What kimd of gains are people seeing from lt's cats and tune? I know my camaro shud pick up close to 40rwp with those mods. What are the coyote engines seeing?

guarnibl

Established Member
Thats kinda what im thinkimg as well. I just saw some comp cam sets online and was just curious if they wud be worth it. What kimd of gains are people seeing from lt's cats and tune? I know my camaro shud pick up close to 40rwp with those mods. What are the coyote engines seeing?

If you're running 93 octane -- I assume a tune, intake, exhaust you should be gaining around 45 rwhp and 25 rwtq -- not too bad for $2500 and the car will sound very nice, too.

Users who are viewing this thread