What to do?

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
First off, I have nothing but respect for anyone in uniform. They deserve the utmost respect and cooperation.

But I think this one I'm going to go to court to dispute and it isn't that I wasn't speeding, but that there was a reason.

Flow of traffic is 75mph in a 65mph zone. I'm behind 3 tractor trailors and car after car is passing by. I can't see around the rigs and from time to time I hear the ping of a rock. On my 99 GT I could tolerate it. On my 04 Mystichrome it drives me nuts. Anyway, SUV passes me and I pull in behind him to pass these trucks. I get in front of the lead truck and pull back into the right lane and slow back down to 75. When I look in my mirror to be sure I'm not slowing down the rigs I see a state trooper coming so I slow down to 70. I figure it is for the SUV that was going faster than me. Nope. I get pulled.

The officer says I was doing 85mph. I don't think I was doing more than 80 but that was only to get around the trucks. I really thought that maybe it was the SUV. He tells me that the SUV was doing 81.

Now I know that 20 over the speedlimit is a big no no in NC so I cannot afford to get this ticket over protecting my car.

Yes I have a speeding ticket within the last year. 70 in a 55. I had never been on that road before and thought it was a 65mph road. 3 years ago I got a ticket doing 75 in a 55 outside Richmond. I didn't fight those as I was infact speeding. But this one was just to get around the trucks.

Anyone have any idea's? I wish the officer had believed me but I totally understand that everyone who speeds surely has a story. This one just kills me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Head to court over it. Unfortunately, speeding in order to pass traffic is still technically against the law (even if it was to pass a few semi-trucks in the right lane). You'll probably want to hire a traffic lawyer who could lower the penalities for you in court. G'luck...

Users who are viewing this thread