What to do with Stock OEM 2011 Blower....?

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Guys: I am happy with my VMP Gen II. My car is too far from stock now to worry about collector values and such. I have the stock blower on eBay, but seems I can't even get $500 for it. Seems like it must be worth something.... can it be adapted to a small block Ford 302? I have a model A with a 302 roller motor from a GT and a '62 Tbird with an FE 390 big block... Any reality to getting it connected to one of those?

Thanks

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
$500 is a good price if you can get it. Some of the L owners are putting that blower on their vehicle, but it required a fair amount of other parts to complete. You may try putting it in the L forsale section.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Guys: I am happy with my VMP Gen II. My car is too far from stock now to worry about collector values and such. I have the stock blower on eBay, but seems I can't even get $500 for it. Seems like it must be worth something.... can it be adapted to a small block Ford 302? I have a model A with a 302 roller motor from a GT and a '62 Tbird with an FE 390 big block... Any reality to getting it connected to one of those?

Thanks

The problem with fitting that oem GT500 blower to one of those engines you have listed, or most any other engine is...............who makes a manifold to fit that engine and also allows that S/C to be bolted on?

There was a company who made a 4.6 Mustang GT manifold specifically for installation of a GT500 take-off blower..............the manifold was $1800.

^^^^This is the reason why these blowers aren't in large demand, the guys who have GT500's want the larger blowers, and the cost of designing and casting adapter intake manifolds for "other" engines to use the GT500 S/C is expensive, and that cost would be larger than most would be willing to spend, when there are complete S/C kits for many/most of these engines already on the market.

R

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There's a ton of these blowers floating around. All the 07-12' folks that have upgraded superchargers?!?! IMO if you're serious about selling it, $500 is too high. Ask $400 or best offer. I've bought and sold several of these over the past five years and always been in the $300-$400 range either way.

But you may want to consider just keeping it. When/if you ever sell your GT500, putting it back on the car and selling the TVS will net you the best money.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
^^ This. Or wait a little bit, department of boost is shortly releasing the coyote manifold for the GT500 blowers, so maybe that's when the demand will pick up again...

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Thanks guys, much appreciate the info! I think I will hang on to it then.... totally agree, for $300-400, I will pack it up and save it for a rainy day....

Speedboosted

Established Member
I got $420 for mine...one of my buddies said I could use all of his stock stuff if I ever needed to for some reason so I have no issue selling it. I would keep it if you don't have easy (free) access to another one.

nickf2005

Established Member
You can give it to me so I can hand it off to a buddy who does some metal polishing on the side. I've always wanted to see if he could do it, but I'm not going to let him try on my only one nor spend $400 to get a spare. :)

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Yeah, I am thinking of making into an office decoration for now. For $150, I think it looks cool enough to use it for a "discussion" piece in my engineering office. Kind of amazing isn't it though.... new one from VMP or Kenne Bell, $3000+. Used Eaton with a few miles on it $150.

Wow!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Find an 05 gt cheap and buy a department of boost manifold and use it for a daily driver/beater whatever?

Dept. of Boost was the 4.6 manifold I was referring to in post #3. Last I checked, that manifold was $1800. <<Quite a large price considering you have a manifold for $1800 and a GT500 blower for $500? and then everything else has to be gathered to make it all work. Maybe that D.o.B manifold has come down in price? It was $1800, and I am not even sure that it was readily available for purchase at the time I saw it a few years ago?

R

andymarkv

Established Member
How handy are you.....? I had the same thoughts! How to adapt the M122 to something else!

I came up with a couple of guys that did remote setups. And it can work! But you've got to really think outside the box to keep the costs down (otherwise, why bother?!?!?) and spend a bunch of time to sort it out. AND you have to think about how to integrate a heat exchanger too....

Still a cool idea though!
This guy has an AWESOME thread and really made it work! Long read, but very entertaining!
http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-5-8-engine-tech/1253086-eaton-m112-install-5-0-ltd-pics.html

This guy got it all together but doesn't look like he fully sorted it out.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1462971-cheap-supercharger-kit-part-ii-3.html

This guy also made it pretty far with M122 on an LT1...but the link won't work now without logging in...
http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread.php?20125-85-Monte-Carlo-SS-build/page60

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Sold mine for 350, most you'll get is maybe 400 if there happens to be a need and no others available. I'd sell it knowing that if you ever needed one back you can buy one for 350.

Users who are viewing this thread