What to do with 04 f1a cobra?

stangfreak

Established Member
With Dave's approach, more compression and an auto, I Think it will be faster than lots of twin screw setups.

Dave did you race venomous john when he had the ported eaton? I remember him saying he was side by side with a procharged cobra. Or jays car.

BIGBRAND0105

Established Member
I think i am going to switch to E85 and put 4.10's in will let you guys know. I have to imagine another 100+ horses and ft lbs tq along with 4.10's will make me feel better!!

nastynotch483

Established Member
Change the intake go to an air to intercooler and work on that fuel system! that Blower is not even working at 20 pounds! The f1 is made to shine at 22 pounds Plus and will walk any twin screw car and will not heat soak it will take some tweaking but set up right you can make 750 plus no Problem

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
I was in your situation the year before last. I was making similar HP and TQ numbers. I had an F1a 6 rib with the Procharger intake. It was on the car when I bought it. I weighed out going with an air to air setup which has worked for alot of guys or going with a twin screw or roots blower. I decided to swap out for a VMP TVS. IMO I would remove the setup you have now. Sell it, build a moderate fuel system, and buy a VMP TVS or a Whipple. If you buy a VMP TVS you can get a package deal witht the GT500 Throttle body for $4100.00. You will probably also need upper, and lower pulley bridges, 8 rib pulleys, and mounting bolts. You will also need a new intake (go JLT High boost), and maybe a new VMP or SCT BA2600 MAF depending on what you have. I went and put together my own return fuel system with 80lbs injectors. In total the fuel mods cost me about $1100.00 (with the injectors) and will support as much power as I will ever want put down. I got most of the parts for the system over the winter from the market on here and saved alot of money. It was a lot of money but It was well worth it. The car is an animal now and walks all over the Procharger setup I was running.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
With Dave's approach, more compression and an auto, I Think it will be faster than lots of twin screw setups.

Dave did you race venomous john when he had the ported eaton? I remember him saying he was side by side with a procharged cobra. Or jays car.

I never raced John. It had to be Jay. I raced Jay with my pullied car before the Procharger went on. We were neck and neck for a while then he started inching ahead slowly with a 100+ rwhp advantage.

The Procharger Kit in stock form is the biggest pile of dog crap I have ever owned. 4.10s will not help all that much. You need to cure the weak avg power curve to make it useful which means, new intake, Air to Air, more compression, properly setup cams, Auto would be optimal. Its not worth investing money into it unless you are going to do it right. Like others have mentioned. Its not too late to go back to a twin screw. I would highly recommend taking that route or TS cars with similar or LESS power will be walking you. Even if you do E85/4.10s and find another 100hp in the setup. A 600hp TVS will put a hurting on that F1A even if its making 700hp. Just see my graphs above, thats all the proof you need.

The F1A can be made to be fast. But its going to take ALot of $$$$$ to do it. IMO not worth it unless you were building a all out track car.

Users who are viewing this thread