what to do now?

satx

Banned
I don't know about you guys but I can't seem to find enough info out there about the GT. I read the Hot Rod article about the engine about three times and all of the other articles I could find on the net. I want more! Shouldn't somebody write a book about the development of the car or something? At least that would tide me over for a little longer. Are there any sites out there that has all of the good articles in one place? Today I had to take another trip down to my local Ford dealer to look at it again......those guys are going to think I have a mental disorder soon. Anyone else having this sort of trouble? Next year when the price is right I WILL have one!

Florida Chris

Established Member
satx said:
I don't know about you guys but I can't seem to find enough info out there about the GT. I read the Hot Rod article about the engine about three times and all of the other articles I could find on the net. I want more! Shouldn't somebody write a book about the development of the car or something? At least that would tide me over for a little longer. Are there any sites out there that has all of the good articles in one place? Today I had to take another trip down to my local Ford dealer to look at it again......those guys are going to think I have a mental disorder soon. Anyone else having this sort of trouble? Next year when the price is right I WILL have one!

There IS a book out on the development of the Ford GT. It has lots of photos and lots of information. The book is titled "Ford GT The Legend Comes To Life" by Larry Edsall. I bought my copy from the Ford website, but you can get it from Amazon as well.

Here's the Ford link: http://www.fcdealerstore.com/product_search.cfm?page=1&user_category=BRAND&brand=FORDGT

Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-0946623-5121750?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Vic

Established Member
The dealer had a manual for sales people, they left it open on a desk, and I looked at it a bit. It was very interesting. It covered a lot of aspects about the GT, even telling them in advance what kind of customers might be strolling into the dealership. It went on to say how they might expect sports figures, movie stars to come in and buy one. Then it mentioned there will be customers they "might not expect", such as various small business owners, construction, et al, and described these types of customers as "self-made", and remarked that they probably know more about the product than typical sales staff would. I thought it was interesting that Ford had so well developed demographics, and felt included as potential clientele, being a small business owner. Made me feel welcome..But I guess, if you got the cash, you're always welcome!!

After that sales perspective on customers, the book went on to describe each major system of the GT in great detail, going over technical aspects that I had not heard in the automotive press. I can't remember the specifics right now, but I did notice that it was information that I had not read in Motor trend, Car and Driver, or Road and Track. If you think about it, the automotive press mostly gets their info from Ford, so who better to have a collection of technical details about every aspect of the vehicle than the manufacturer? It was pretty great info, maybe you could snag a copy somewhere.

Florida Chris

Established Member
Vic said:
The dealer had a manual for sales people, they left it open on a desk, and I looked at it a bit. It was very interesting. It covered a lot of aspects about the GT, even telling them in advance what kind of customers might be strolling into the dealership. It went on to say how they might expect sports figures, movie stars to come in and buy one. Then it mentioned there will be customers they "might not expect", such as various small business owners, construction, et al, and described these types of customers as "self-made", and remarked that they probably know more about the product than typical sales staff would. I thought it was interesting that Ford had so well developed demographics, and felt included as potential clientele, being a small business owner. Made me feel welcome..But I guess, if you got the cash, you're always welcome!!

After that sales perspective on customers, the book went on to describe each major system of the GT in great detail, going over technical aspects that I had not heard in the automotive press. I can't remember the specifics right now, but I did notice that it was information that I had not read in Motor trend, Car and Driver, or Road and Track. If you think about it, the automotive press mostly gets their info from Ford, so who better to have a collection of technical details about every aspect of the vehicle than the manufacturer? It was pretty great info, maybe you could snag a copy somewhere.

The publication that Vic is describing is called the Ford GT Dealer Handbook. It is available from Helm, Inc. and costs $14.99. You can order it along with GT shop manuals, wiring diagrams and the owners manual at this website:

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....dule=&mscsid=L2E4Q6B1VR3C9JN4DVGAKKKHA8RS4XG9

fordification

Established Member
I wouldn't mind that manual. I bought the Ford GT book mentioned above, and it doesn't have the detail that one would hope for. Alot of the book is on previous concepts and the GT-40 background. The power rating is wrong at 500, and they have down a 3350lb curb weight.

Users who are viewing this thread