What to do for a fuel system?

5ohstang

vnmus97
Established Member
Alright, I am trying to figure out exactly what fuel system I am going to need and what components and everything that go with it. I have a 97 cobra and a procharger is going on it. Probably going to run about 10psi on it. I'm not sure actually how much my motor is going to hold because when i put the headers on, i saw a tag on the motor that said it was manufactured in 2004... so I'm not even sure what internals my motor has. So I guess I want to put it around 450 or a little less for now but if I figure out what internals it has I would like to be able to bump it up without having to re-do the fuel system. Preferably the cheapest would be the best. Any input would be great.

Thanks

03bluemach

Established Member
Not trying to be rude by no means ..

But do a quick search in the sn-95 section this had been talked about many times over you will find all the info you need , and about the motor contact the prev. owner and find out what ya got ..where you looking at the heads or the block when you saw that date is the block iron or alum? does it have B heads on it ?

Last edited:

bs46488

Established Member
I would also add, don't short change your fuel system plans.

I recently did a SC install and went minimal on my fuel system. Now it is holding back my current gains and any future plans for my car. I will have to budget in redoing the fuel system (and pay a second time) for my next upgrade or repair work on the car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Really quickly for 450rwhp, do a 255 intake and 255 inline w/ 42lb injectors or even better 60's so then you don't need to upgrade later on down the road. BOOM that just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread