what to do (clutch / tranny questions)

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
so my tob was making noise so i started saving up for a new clutch and other parts. I have them ready to install but now i think that my tranny input shaft bearing is worn.. you can hear it grinding and such when the clutch is fully enguaged.

I would just replace it but my friend who is a ford tech says to listen adn see if it makes the noise in 4th because if it goes away in 4th its another bearing in the rear of the trans and the trans will have to be dissassembled. Then we were talking about just rebuilding the trans while it is out anyway as 5th grinds occasionslly and sometimes reverse is hard to get into. I would love a t 56 but cant afford it but i can afford a rebuild kit. I will go w/ haney or promotion and get the carbon syncros but do i need the upgraded input shaft. My car will have 4.10s and bolt ons and maybe in the near future 75 shot or so. But for a while it will stay pretty stock. Should i just go out and build the beefiest t45 i can and then not have to wory about it for years to come.

what would you guys do.

Also we would just be working on this nights and weekends sat etc. in our free time so if he has expierence how long will a job like this take.

Users who are viewing this thread