What to buy next?

Badlilstang

Established Member
Ended up with about 1k$ to play with. I know I need to do a fuel system but pretty happy with how the car is doing with the race gas/torco setup for now. So looking for other ideas that will add some fun to the car. Not trying to make more power but maybe make what I have more fun.

Few ideas...

DSS DRIVE SHAFT
TQ Booster for the Paxton
Torque converter

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I would do a driveshaft. Our stock DS with just minor bolt ons sounded terrible and had terrible vibration. Put the Dynotech DS on, problems solved!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Save a little more and do the driveshaft and converter at the same time. If you can only afford one and are on street tires do the converter. I have rode in cars with simple bolt ons and they leave so hard and stay in the power band with the right converter. With your set up, a converter would prolly take .5 sec off the car in the 1/4 easy.

hand-filer

Established Member
Dyno tech has less problems. Better quality piece IMO. Look at the two side by side on google. That should make your decision.

Why because it's polished?
I haven't seen many threads with regard to issues with Shaftmaster products, quite the opposite actually.
IMHO they are both good products.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I wont waste my time with your smart ass lol.

Better yet I will. I said in 2 post above it has a lot less problems, hence why I think it is a better option. Look at the rear end flange on the Driveshaft Shop, then look at the Dynatech. The Dynatech looks a lot more beefier and you don't need to run a spacer of some sort.
There is this IMG_4619.jpg

Then there is this fdsh25-c.jpg

hand-filer

Established Member
I wont waste my time with your smart ass lol.

My bad for confusing DSS with Shaftmasters. Yes I agree with you that there is no comparison between DSS and Dynotech.
I had a DSS and returned it because it had a defective CV joint right out of the box.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I'm in the same spot and I think I'm going to do a DS and converter before the torque booster for overall safety and performance.

Users who are viewing this thread