What to buy for a 2 year old girl.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
After trying for a couple years, by best friend and his wife were finally able to approved to adopt and their 2 year old girl comes home tomorrow. I wanted to get something for her, but haven't the slightest idea what 2 year old girls like. Any help?

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
After trying for a couple years, by best friend and his wife were finally able to approved to adopt and their 2 year old girl comes home tomorrow. I wanted to get something for her, but haven't the slightest idea what 2 year old girls like. Any help?

diapers for their POOP lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
power wheels little car or scooter. my son loves his that i got him for xmas...stood in line at 645 am to get it lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Little girls love baby dolls to play with. My 1 year old niece plays with her doll all day. She's started to learn how to burp the doll. lol

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Little girls love baby dolls to play with. My 1 year old niece plays with her doll all day. She's started to learn how to burp the doll. lol

This! They love being able to hug a doll! She will sleep with it and bring it everywhere with her! The boxes dolls come in are pretty explanatory and give the appropriate age range on them.

Domingo

LTs on a V6 Vert
Established Member
Go to a toy store and look around, toys are normally grouped pretty well by age and gender. When you get to the 2+ area, find something that you'd like to give.

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
Usually they end playing with the box whatever you got them came in. Any of us that have littke kids can tell you they will play with anything or more often then not something of yours they shouldn't be playing with. The girls like pretend makeup and usually anything princess related. I imagine being adopted she will probably be a bit uneasy for the first few days so anything that would bring her comfort is a good gift. Congrats to your friends for their new addition.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
My daughter likes to play with those small kitchens and pretends to make food. She also likes to play with dolls like mentioned by others. Right now my daughter is super into coloring books.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
When my ex's daughter turned two, I bought her a pink tackle box and filled it with the brightest colored rubber worms, fish, and crawldads I could find. Then I bought a few plastic lures I figured she would like and pulled the hooks off them.

By far and away her favorite gift that year, and it was pretty cheap actually. When we were watching TV she would dump them out on the floor and play for hours, not to mention a few of them lived in the bathtub to keep her busy during bath time.

At first we watched her really close to make sure she didn't try to eat them, but she hated the taste and listened pretty well when we said no. After that she never tried to stick another one in her mouth.

I'd still watch her pretty close though if I were you.

Last edited:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Dolls, coloring books and blank paper along with washable crayons, dress up clothes, play kitchen, books (without too many words), bouncy balls, Dora videos, a small table with chairs, Tinkerbelle videos, stickers. That's just looking around my living room that double as a 2-1/2 yr old's playroom.

If you go with clothes look for things in a 2T-3T range.

Congrats to your friends. :beer:

Also to add: A LARGE TOYCHEST.
1182522594-42982_full.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread