what tires do you run on youe 93 cobras

BStorm

can wheelie for miles
Established Member
what tires do you run on a stock cobra i have the goodyear emt f1s and they dont hook up at all.

BlueOvalBolt

Established Member
I use the BFG Comp T/A g-force kd's and really like them. Excellent lateral adhesion (great open track or AX tire), slightly better than average straight line traction (not so good for the strip).

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
Still running the stock Gatorbacks... :eek:

Will add Nitto 275/40/17 drag radials next time around...

Damn! Wish I was :D I have Yokahamas on mine. Not the greatest dry traction, but does pretty good in rain and such (funny thing is, if it is raining, I don't drive my car now)

hotrodcobra

Established Member
I still have the "original" gatorbacks on the stock rims, probably 40% tread left. Also have 275/60-15 Mickey Thompson drag radials on Weld draglites, 28/11.5 M/T ET Streets w/ Welds and 28/12.5 ET Streets waiting on custom Bogarts. Depending on which class and/or sanctioning body I will be racing in next year.

I will be going to the M/T drag radials eventually for the stock 17's..

jrCobra

Established Member
I'm running NT555's - 245/45/17's, DR's in the back. You could say it hooks pretty good, especially compared to the stock gatorbacks.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
Originally posted by BlueOvalBolt
I use the BFG Comp T/A g-force kd's and really like them. Excellent lateral adhesion (great open track or AX tire), slightly better than average straight line traction (not so good for the strip).

hey man how well do they hold up-for what they are? what other type tires could you compare them too, or are better than?

btw: i run potenza s-02's and like them. decent life(for the class there in) excellent wet, great dry-BUT only when there warm! they are slick when cold.
i would rate them better than: continentals,michlens,pirelli's,goodyears, of similar z rating and purpose.
bryan

sled

Established Member
ive had them all my dad has a tire store. i used toyo T1-S worked awsome for street tires. then BFG's, and the new M/T work the best out of all them.

reyberg

Established Member
I have to chime in on this one..

I had the Nitto Drag Radial on my Saleen and hated them. I had the 555's up front as well. These tires (in my opinion) are NOT worth the money. I thought they did not wear well and the DR's did not hook up well either. When I bought my Cobra they had the DR's on them. This upcoming summer I am switch to the Mickey Thompson DR. I have heard many good things about them.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
hmm yes that reminds me. i dont like the pirelli's for basically the same reason -they wear like crap, all uneven and stuff. course these arnt drag radials or anything though

SVT SPEED O4

Established Member
Good Topic

I was unsure if a 275 would fit the rear of a fox body. I am buying 18x9 Cobra R's and will run 235/40 BFG G-Force T/A KDW 2 and 275/35 Drags.

thanks again for some good info

Users who are viewing this thread