What tires? Advice please

Headhunter

Established Member
I am looking to buy 4 new tires. I can get mt brand at cost. I drive 22 miles round trip to work and don't put many miles on the truck. I have the stock 03 rims, what tires do ya'll recomend for the truck. Front and back the same or 2 different types. I like the NT05 but can't get them at cost. Also what size do u recomend. My truck is right at 505rwhp on kill tune, everyday driving I'm at about 450. Will know for sure soon cause I'm going to a dyno.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
You're best off saving up for the NT05s or 555rs which alot of people swear by. You'll also have better luck looking in the classifieds on here or NLOC and craigslist.

Tire size you're probably better off with something close to 305/45/18 for the stock rims... fits like a glove.

Headhunter

Established Member
You're best off saving up for the NT05s or 555rs which alot of people swear by. You'll also have better luck looking in the classifieds on here or NLOC and craigslist.

Tire size you're probably better off with something close to 305/45/18 for the stock rims... fits like a glove.

Preciate it bro. Got the money in hand, just want to find the best price. U think 305/45/18 instead of the 295/45/18 that come on it. If u hear of any at a good deal give me a shout. Since nobody wants to buy my L I will keep playing and modding and playing and modding.

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
I put some M/T 305/45/18 on my truck last week. Looks and drives great. Oh... and I still have the Goodyear F1s on the front.

I'll keep an eye out for you :thumbsup:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
My buddy has the Hankooks on his 03... They hook really well for him at the track too. I think hes pulled like a 1.7 60' on them. They seem to last and are inexpensive last time I looked. If you are looking for a real sticky tire than I dont think you can go wrong with the Nittos. The MTs, I hear, dont last as long as the 555s though, but they really hook.

Headhunter

Established Member
Just bought 4 NT05's. Matt gave me a good deal and we are gonna see what theses tires can actually do. Will be a good test for theses tires. I will keep updated on how they are doing. Thanks for all the help guys, and thanks matt for being so helpful and the good deal.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Grab some Toyo's or Nittos 555 (not drag radial) for the front and MT ET Street Drag Radial for the rear. I put these on 2 weeks ago and even with 600+rwhp they hold very well to the ground.

I had Shitto Lag Radials (Nitto Drag Radial) and they dont give much traction but they do last. Don't get me wrong they are much better than the Eagle F1's but nearly anything is.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
if you care about tread wear and cost, ignore all those saying to get dr's and stay away from the nto5's

i lobe my nto5's but i will be hard pressed to see over 10k miles out of them
you will be lucky to get 5-8k out of the m/t dr's
lucky to get over 10k out of the 555r's

you will get over 30k out of the hankooks probably more unless your completly mean to them

i averaged 20k on the regular 555's

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
it depends what you want to do, do you want a tire that will last(hankooks i think its like 420 rated) or the 555's which are like 220 rated? the 555 will probally hook better but the hankooks will last twice as long

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I just put 555s on the front of my truck and love them, they are so much quieter than the Toyos. I will be putting them on the rear as well. Discount Tire Direct's Ebay store has them at a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread