What tire set up works best for you?

msc111

Established Member
What tire set up do you run on the street that hooks up the best? I've got about 15000 miles on my stock tires . I have absolutely no traction what so ever. I'm looking at the 19s mt et street radial II but they are pretty pricey .

itSSlow98

Established Member
Are you gonna be daily driving with the new tires? If so the mickeys wont last for more then a few thousand miles but they will hook for sure. I love them on mine but they are worn out at around 2500 miles and about 6 track passes.

msc111

Established Member
Wow , really? That's all they last? Scratch that. Ya, I'm talking about daily driving. I will eventually get a separate set up for the track.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I was going to recommend Nitto NT555R drag radials, but unfortunately, they don't offer them in 19" sizes. They offer six sizes for 18" and two sizes for 20". Nothing in 19". You would have to step to their NT05R's, but unfortunately, with the solid center contact patch and very little sipe grooves, it would not be fun on the street when it rains.

I would suggest you take a look at Mickey Thompson's new Street Comp series of street tires. I current run these in stock size 235/50R-18 and they hook very well compared to stock Pirellis.
They have 3 sizes for 19".

245/40R-19
255/40R-19
285/35R-19

Mickey Thompson Street Comp Radial Tires - JEGS

They won't hook like a true drag radial, but they do offer the same rubber compound as their famous drag radials. And they have performed flawlessly on my daily driver in the rain. Hooked very well first time at the track as well.

street_comp.jpg

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread