what things erkk you about your car?

cobra916

Established Member
hey guys 03 mach owner here.. just want to know what things bother you about your cars??like quality issues.. doors creek or wont stay open on a incline..body panels creeking??something like that..

nocobrafornow

Established Member
if i had to nit pick, the lack of overdrive delete button and at times it seems a little slow to downshift, like the other nite i was out late about 230am on the interstate slowed to about 50 and floored it. it seemed like it took longer than i thought it should, but that may be in my head or in the tune. i just got a tune from Lethal and it was nite and power wise, trans shifts and all. it may be something that can be tuned out but it's not a problem for me. like i said these are just things that i would have to nit pick over. if you are thinking about buying one i would say do it. i have no regrets.

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
The dent in the rear quarter panel behind the gas tank lid. :bored:

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
Rough shifting...especially when doing the first 1-2 shift.

Nitpicky crap:

Center console likes to open when resting elbows on it...so I locked it with my Ipod inside.
Cup Holders in center are useless with a manual tranny...rigged some behind passenger seat.
No light in glove box.
No lighted vanity mirrors on visors(wife's complaint).
No homelink garage door on visors.
No lock on fuel door...this one is truly retarded...so bought the locking gas cap from Ford.
No keyless start...REALLY miss that from my AMG. And I am always afraid my right knee will hit the key in the ignition.
Heated seats are not warm enough...should have had levels of intensity.
Small tires...will correct that when burning through these stockers.
Rear antenna...guess they wanted retro...but I prefer hidden along with the sirius antenna.

Lots to love also, but that is not the thread title. :)

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member

Nitpicky crap:

Center console likes to open when resting elbows on it...so I locked it with my Ipod inside.
Cup Holders in center are useless with a manual tranny...rigged some behind passenger seat.
No light in glove box.
No lock on fuel door...this one is truly retarded...so bought the locking gas cap from Ford.
No keyless start...REALLY miss that from my AMG. And I am always afraid my right knee will hit the key in the ignition.
Rear antenna...guess they wanted retro...but I prefer hidden along with the sirius antenna.

+1 to most of this

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
+1 on the glovebox and vanity lights. Seriously..wtf, my 92GT has glove box and vanity lights for crying out loud.

Also +1 on the heated seat intensity levels...should have had more than one.

That's really about it...great car really. I just hope Ford figures out the manual trans problem soon.

kevinp

Established Member
Nitpicky crap:

No light in glove box.

This, plus:

Be nice if the seat backs would go back to the last position after letting people in back.

Telescopic wheel would be nice.

Stupid hood prop rod.

Rusty rear end.

Rear seat headrests block a good chunk of the rear view when up, most likely why the put the blind spot mirrors on.

Front seat headrests with a helmet.

Cant see and hard to reach the HVAC temp knob in park (auto).

Laggy auto downshifts from 5th or 6th (tune or not), sure would be nice to be able to select any gear like a F150 pickup..

Mine is surprisingly squeak and rattle free, they really tightened up the body on the 2011s.

Just being picky, overall its a pretty solid and well made car. Lots of plastic inside but its not bad even on the base model.

AmnDucky

Established Member

Nitpicky crap:

Center console likes to open when resting elbows on it...so I locked it with my Ipod inside. You're the second person I have seen say that, but it never happens to me.
Cup Holders in center are useless with a manual tranny...rigged some behind passenger seat. They don't bother me, but if I have a drink it's usually just a soda can which sits flush in the rear holder.
No light in glove box.
No lighted vanity mirrors on visors(wife's complaint). I think 2012 gets them.
No homelink garage door on visors. Again, I think the 12 gets it.
No lock on fuel door...this one is truly retarded...so bought the locking gas cap from Ford. This doesn't worry me too much because the cap-less system is sealed and it takes a perfectly sized nozzle to open it. I GUESS someone could get one of the funnels from Ford, but that's a lot of effort.
Heated seats are not warm enough...should have had levels of intensity. Agreed
Small tires...will correct that when burning through these stockers. I can't burn through them fast enough.
Rear antenna...guess they wanted retro...but I prefer hidden along with the sirius antenna. At least it's a shorty, and in the back. Unlike the whip my 06 had up front.

This, plus:

Be nice if the seat backs would go back to the last position after letting people in back. That would be nice.

Telescopic wheel would be nice. The car actually fits me perfect as is. If the wheel was closer, I would either have it on my chest, or 5th would be stretching.

Stupid hood prop rod. Prop rod > shocks. It's lighter, will never need replacing, works when it's cold out, etc.

Rusty rear end. Lower it :p

Rear seat headrests block a good chunk of the rear view when up, most likely why the put the blind spot mirrors on. No more room than a head I think.

Front seat headrests with a helmet. Flipping them around is a good band-aid for that. I have my seat slightly reclined, so my head stays off the rest even with a helmet. I can see the issue if you have a more vertical back though.

Cant see and hard to reach the HVAC temp knob in park (auto).

Laggy auto downshifts from 5th or 6th (tune or not), sure would be nice to be able to select any gear like a F150 pickup.. I don't know why Ford didn't put some sort of manual mode in the autos.

Mine is surprisingly squeak and rattle free, they really tightened up the body on the 2011s.

Just being picky, overall its a pretty solid and well made car. Lots of plastic inside but its not bad even on the base model.

My rebuttals and agreements.

kevinp

Established Member
My rebuttals and agreements.

The heads are nowhere in sight when my kids sit back there, but the headrests sure are :) After the kids ride back there I always forget to put them down so they annoy me. I'm sure that was some kind of government regulation, I liked the 2010 rear seatbacks better.

kevinp

Established Member
And as far as the telescopic wheel, I'm 6'4" so I have the seat all the way back, its quite a reach to that wheel.

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
The heads are nowhere in sight when my kids sit back there, but the headrests sure are :) After the kids ride back there I always forget to put them down so they annoy me. I'm sure that was some kind of government regulation, I liked the 2010 rear seatbacks better.

Ah, I've never had kids in the car, only adults. But I'm only 5'10 and I can reach both head rests from the driver seat, so they don't annoy me too much. Unless I am cruising down the freeway, I can't really turn around in my seat to put them down :lol1:

kevinp

Established Member
Ah, I've never had kids in the car, only adults. But I'm only 5'10 and I can reach both head rests from the driver seat, so they don't annoy me too much. Unless I am cruising down the freeway, I can't really turn around in my seat to put them down :lol1:

I'm not quite limber enough to put them down while sitting in the drivers seat, the buttons on mine are hard to push so it takes two hands. Its kind of a goofy design, all my other newer cars have regular slide and up and down rear headrests so they dont need to go up when the kids sit back there.

Kevinz00GT

Established Member
And as far as the telescopic wheel, I'm 6'4" so I have the seat all the way back, its quite a reach to that wheel.

Agreed....I'm 6'3" and it's not terrible but is still more of a reach than I would like

The only other complaint I have is the two fawking holes in the middle of my front bumper from where the dumb ass dealer decided they should screw a license plate frame to it so they could have a little more advertisement (front tag is not required in Mississippi):fm:

kevinp

Established Member
Agreed....I'm 6'3" and it's not terrible but is still more of a reach than I would like

The only other complaint I have is the two fawking holes in the middle of my front bumper from where the dumb ass dealer decided they should screw a license plate frame to it so they could have a little more advertisement (front tag is not required in Mississippi):fm:

Yea, its not terrible but its a reach.

We dont need front plates here either but I bought mine from a state that does, and to make it even worse they used too long plate screws on the top so I have 4 holes in the bumper - I just left the plate bracket on and put a flat black blank plate on it. Hate to repaint the bumper for 4 small holes..

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Uhhhhhhh, that stupid little door near the arm rest area? A) It sucks to put a celphone in, and B) when i put my arm there it moves...

I wish my 2011 had my 2008's center console...

cobra916

Established Member
thanks for the info guys.. how about.. hows the seat material holding up?does the rear end sqeek like springs and stuff?how is the paint quality? does the exhaust tuck up nice?

ridingt

Established Member
My gripes would have to be with the heated seats (if you can actually call them that) and my 3.31 gears. Though the last one is getting changed if winter ever ends.

Users who are viewing this thread