what thermostat temp is best?

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
i have the S/C and IC out....changed the plugs....(what a pain in the a**)
So the Thermostat housing is free.....so...what thermostat should i use??....i live in canada....but dont drive in the winter....my mods are in my sig...any suggestions??...also....i guess ill have to get my Tuner to adjust my tune too?

thanks...ken:beer:

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
i changed to a 170* stat last year.

no problems so far. didn't throw a code.

bought mine from napa. the stat is for a nissan pathfinder, but the size is exact for our trucks.
the stat p/n is 33747 and the o-ring is 33671.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
ok thanks......gonna pick one up tommorrow...did you feel a difference sean???.then im gonna put her back together...see how the newly cleaned..IC and new TR6s (.034) wake her up...thanks guys...

then im gonna do some temp readings on the IC coolant....then gonna add some Royal Purple.....Purple Ice......anyone have any problems with that stuff..???

Last edited:

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
didn't feel any difference, but i did a lot of mods at the same time.
i think the real reason to lower the temp would just be to help as the eaton produces a lot of heat, so any chance we get to avoid detonation is welcomed.

good luck with getting her all back together!!! i just finished installing my line lock today....waxing next weekend, then going for the years first cruise!

sethlovesfords

Established Member
185+
These engines are designed to run at this temperature, and make peak power 200-210 degrees. Don't forget, a thermostat is not destined to keep an engine cool, it's designed to allow the engine to warm up.
I stick with the 185.

Users who are viewing this thread