What the Police picks on.....

CAM09

Established Member
Hey guys Im just wondering what the cops in FL hate most or dislike on our cars. What do they pull us over for most? What should I not have on my car for them to look for? How do I avoid a ticket lol? Just fill me in on some things if you can.

Thanks CAM

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Uh honestly as long as you're not laying rubber everywhere you're ok.

Around me they go for ricers with the loud exhaust instead of muscle with the loud exhaust.

Though FHP will get you for exhaust if you piss them off enough.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Oh and don't run red lights. They love that here.

Evel Knievel's are everywhere if its decent out. Basically more speedtraps here than I ever saw in 3 years of living in Ohio.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Like Virtual said, Orlando mostly goes after the ricers. As long as you don't act stupid you'll be fine. And we do have a lot of red light cameras so there's that too. Welcome though, you'll find that the Mustang scene here is pretty big :beer:

CAM09

Established Member
My car is loud do to some other people but not to me, I dont run red lights, so I think im good. Thanks for the comments and soon to meet everyone.

Last edited:

Litemup86

Established Member
I've seen them pick on tint if you do get pulled over. I've passed several cars getting the "tint meter" while sitting on the side of the road, but doubt that was the initial offense that got them there. For the most part, run about 9 over max on the highways and they don't mess with you. Other than that, they leave you alone and my truck is VERY loud. They'd have hassled me if they were going to.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
as other said, they hate the sound of a weed wacker lol dont lay rubber down. dont weave thru traffic...thats about it

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Hey guys Im just wondering what the cops in FL hate most or dislike on our cars. What do they pull us over for most? What should I not have on my car for them to look for? How do I avoid a ticket lol? Just fill me in on some things if you can.

Thanks CAM

Don't drive like an idiot. Don' attract attention to yourself with burn outs. Avoid loud exhausts.

CAM09

Established Member
I've seen them pick on tint if you do get pulled over. I've passed several cars getting the "tint meter" while sitting on the side of the road, but doubt that was the initial offense that got them there. For the most part, run about 9 over max on the highways and they don't mess with you. Other than that, they leave you alone and my truck is VERY loud. They'd have hassled me if they were going to.

I have tint probs now with Township police here not local, I normally run around 70 unless rollin with a group of cars. So I should be good.

NastyNate420

Established Member
So FL po9 arent bad. Like they said Dont lay rubber or weave in and out of traffic and you'll be fine. Ive been pulled over quite a few times in palm beach for jus speeding and they always jus told me to hang out for a bit and pretend they are gave me a ticket. The only time i i got a ticket in FL was for going 110 in a 55 on Interstate 95 during rush hour. I was driving like an A$$ an i deserved it! When the bike finally got up to me he said he was trying to catch me for 10 miles! He actually was pretty cool cuz he could have taken me to jail. And somehow my careless driving ticket got lost!
NJ cops are a pain in the a$$ the pulled me over for license plate light being out ... GRRR ....

CAM09

Established Member
So FL po9 arent bad. Like they said Dont lay rubber or weave in and out of traffic and you'll be fine. Ive been pulled over quite a few times in palm beach for jus speeding and they always jus told me to hang out for a bit and pretend they are gave me a ticket. The only time i i got a ticket in FL was for going 110 in a 55 on Interstate 95 during rush hour. I was driving like an A$$ an i deserved it! When the bike finally got up to me he said he was trying to catch me for 10 miles! He actually was pretty cool cuz he could have taken me to jail. And somehow my careless driving ticket got lost!....

Sounds like they are cool as long as you cool, so thats good in my book lol....cant wait to get down there and get into the car scene.

Thanks guys

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Though FHP will get you for exhaust if you piss them off enough.

A state trooper pulled me over because he thought I was flying by him while he was on the side of the highway pulling over somebody else even though I was a lane over. I told him that I just had aftermarket exhaust on my car and he let me go no problem. I'm sure things would be different if he was a dick :rolling:

CAM09

Established Member
Nice....Is it a LAW to have a front plate on your car in Florida? If it is do the pull you over for that are the strict about the situation?

Im asking because Im getting the car together and Im wondering if I need to buy a Show N' Go Bracket.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Nice....Is it a LAW to have a front plate on your car in Florida? If it is do the pull you over for that are the strict about the situation?

Im asking because Im getting the car together and Im wondering if I need to buy a Show N' Go Bracket.

Florida does not require a front plate for vehicles registered. However, if the state where your vehicle is registered requires the front plate an officer can issue you a ticket here for not having one.

CAM09

Established Member
Florida does not require a front plate for vehicles registered. However, if the state where your vehicle is registered requires the front plate an officer can issue you a ticket here for not having one.

DAMN...I'm going to act like I didnt read this lol

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yeah I can't imagine them truly caring.

My ex's front plate was stolen when she first moved down here. She rode around that way for 5 years no issue.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Orange county officers and Florida Highway Patrol ONLY pick on, and I can attest to this, Import cars. I had a Isuzu Impulse RS turbo, and I got pulled over ALL the time. I got rid of this car and bought a fox body Mustang because of that reason. I got ticketed twice because of my exhaust (not a noise related ticket either) I had a Apex-i N1 muffler (basically referred to as a fart cannon for you domestic guys) and that was the reason for the ticket "alteration of exhaust system". While he had me pulled over for my exhaust, the "friendly" FHP officer also ticketed me for my tint being too dark, car being too low, license plate tag cover, tint on my windshield, and smoked tail lights and side markers. $600 in fines later, I sold the Impulse and bought a Mustang. Since then, even with the same dark tinted windows, and louder exhaust I've had no issues (knock on wood) :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread