What The Heck is that noise??

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
hey i was driving my 97 cobra, 2-day and i noticed this really loud and annoying noise.... it starts at 1800-2000 rpm's and sometimes lasts a little past, but not before. it sounds almost like a buzzing, but really loud BUZZING :cuss: just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?? not exactly sure where its coming from either:shrug: so, plz help me if u can and thx in advance, Ryan

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
mods on the car? anything vibrating?

I have something similar, but its an exhaust leak. Does it raise speed with rpm?

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
well i have a magnaflow catback and muffler system on it, but how does your exhaust leak sound?? could very well be it as sometimes when coming back down from high rpms it buzzes at 2000 and sometimes around 1000. after 2000 rpms it starts buzzing worse... but it goes away after 4000. any way to tell if this is in fact a leak???

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
get under there and feel, youll see the clamps or welds...youll feel the air getting out and hear it...

mines from the header to the x pipe tho...it sounds like somethings flapping in the wind and gets faster as the rpm's rise...

freakshow12

Established Member
another place to check then are where the tailpipe hangers go in to the rubber things. mine were touching the bumper supports and had to be adjusted because the vibrated. oh the joys of modding! LOL:)

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
my little button on my ebrake handle got loose this week, started buzzing like a bee whenever i would get on it or down shift, so annoying..took my whole damn center console apart tryin to figure out what it was.. :)

wannastang93

Canes Fan!!!!
Established Member
check your U-clamp mine broke off and was left dangling , and everytime i reved it a bit it would make a buzzing noise , b/c the the clmap was vibrating against the H-pipe

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
my top has started to have the rattles when its up, anyone know a way to fix this?

Lee

Established Member
Like was said, my e-brake handle occasoinally buzzes and it sounds like it's coming from the dash. Do you have an aftermarket shifter?

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
FINALLY!!!, found that damn noise. got underneath it and saw the shield on the cat was loose and was jiggling like crazy! i simply removed it and Bam! the noise is gone... thx everyone 4 ur help, Ryan::beer:

Last edited:

wannastang93

Canes Fan!!!!
Established Member
that happen to my car when i had my x-pipe....glad to see everything is ok:thumbsup:

alex:beer:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Originally posted by Neko
my top has started to have the rattles when its up, anyone know a way to fix this?

I tightened the hooks one turn and it made the top a little tighter. Might be a temp. fix for now but it was driving me nuts. Mine sounded like something flapping around between the top and the inner liner. good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread