What the deuce oem boost guage stopped working..

fordfx584

Established Member
What the deuce? Oem boost guage stopped working..

Ok guys I've done alot of research on this topic and have tried all the fixes with no luck.My boost guage just stopped working for no reason. I have already pulled the cluster and ensured the hard line was still connected on the back(It has come looses before so I know what to look for). I followed it to behind the glovebox where everything is tight and secure. I followed it to the rear of the passengar firewall and ensured all the vacuum lines are connected. I tested the lines my capping off one end and blowing in the other where no leaks or cracks were detected. I tested the boost bypass valve by plugging the top port as suggested where the swing arm stayed open and did not fall to the set screw when opened. I bypassed the solenoid as suggested where that did not fix the guage eitheir. I ensured the belt was not slipping under load by trying several belts. The car is still getting boost however the needle on the guage will only go up to maybe one. I tested the line in the glove box by blowing really hard as also suggested by another member where I still was only able to get the boost guage up to like one? Sorry for the long post but im frustrated. Could my guage have taken a shit?Is it time for a aftermarket one. The car has the stock eaton with a 2.76 pulley and tune Thanks for advice!

Last edited:

fordfx584

Established Member
*****FIXED***** Well after taking it to ford where they were not able to solve the issue(a little surprised by this) i diagnosed the issue to two vacuum lines at the back of the blower that were backwards...lol Yeah it was my fault from the last time I worked on the car. Im super releaved to have the issue resolved!

Users who are viewing this thread