What temp does the IC coolant began to regulate?

cobrat03

Established Member
Does anyone know at what temperature the intercooler coolant starts to regulate? My car was at normal operating temp and the coolant was not regulating. Thanks for any help you could offer.

cobrat03

Established Member
I don't believe my coolant is flowing. It acts as though there is an air pocket in the line or something to that affect. I reved it up and hit boost but I didn't notice any bubbles. I have seen other 03's bubble while idling. I guess I will keeping working with it. Thanks for the help.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The intercooler pump should be running anytime the car is running. The wiring set-up actually provides power to the pump when the car is in the on position. The PCM provides ground when the car is running. You can make the pump run anytime the car is in the on position by grounding the white wire with orange stripe that goes into the relay in the mini-distribution box next to the air filter.

cobrat03

Established Member
Yes, the coolant was changed because Procharger installed a stage 1 kit. I have blown air through the line and had bubbles in the reservoir appear. I couldn't tell you though if the pump was working before they did the install. I will let the techs at ATI know about grounding the wire and see if that works. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread