What TB would you use with a 2.6 KB?

Nino S

Established Member
I currently have a stock pile of parts sitting in my garage waiting to go on my 03 Cobra. I have been slowly buying supporting mods to do my twin screw conversion. I was able to get a great deal from a friend of mine that went turbo and let me have his 2.6 KB. I currently have these mods waiting to go on the car;

-Kenne Bell 2.6 (black)
-METCO lower pulley (4 lb)
-Twin Ford GT Fuel Pumps
-Siemens 60 lb injectors and harness
-LFP Big air inlet tube –bright silver powder coat
-SCT Big MAF 2800
-LFP Power Steering reservoir –polished
-NGK TR7 spark plugs
-Zone 5 Stage II Modified FPDM (Fuel Pump Driver Module)
---BBK twin 65 mm throttle body---

I am pretty sure that I have the fuel system covered with the exception of Fore rails and hats, but my tuner said that at the level that I am going to be at (20 psi) that it would be overkill and a waste of cash with the rails and hats.

After going through many posts and threads everyone seems to be against a twin blade throttle body with a twin screw application. I did not buy this TB it was actually included with the KB that my friend sold me. He ran it on his car and on 93 at 21#'s he made just under 630 rwhp so I know that it cannot be that bad of a piece. I just want to know what the other TS guys are running and what you reccomend. The big ones that people seem to be using are;

1. Accufab single blade
http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/accufab-single-blade-throttle-body-p-644.html

2. LFP "Big Mouth"
http://www.lightningforceperformanc...blade-throttle-body-0304-svt-cobra-p-979.html

3. BilletFlow Single Blade
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...-cobra-single-blade-billet-throttle-body.html

Besides the 3 listed above the only other one I could find is the BBK twin or a Accfab twin TB. They are all within about $140 of each other and I really just want what is going to work best for my application. I plan on running a flip switch with a 93 tune and a race gas tune. I want to be around 620 rwhp at 20#'s with pump gas, I have the KB 20# pully and am going to run a 4 lb lower which should peak around 21 psi. I plan on getting all this donw within the next 30 days because I just finished breaking in my new clutch. I appreciate you time and input. Here is what is currently on the car;

-Cold Air Intake with 9 inch fliter
- Denso Plugs
- Reichard Racing Ultra Grip 2.8"
- SCT tuned by Excessive Motorsport
- Billet Flow 4 piece pulley set

-LFP Radiator expansion tank –polished
- LFP Race Radiator
- AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
- LFP Intercooler expansion tank –polished
- LFP 180 degree thermostat

- Borla Stinger Cat back
- BBK Long Tube Headers $600
- BBK LT X Pipe (o/r)

- Pro 5.0 Short throw
- Cobra Bob Shifter gasket :rockon:
- LDC Chicago Clutch Free play Correction Kit
- Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adj.& Clutch Quadrant Kit
- SCT stage 3+ clutch
- Fidenza Fly wheel
- Liberty 26 spline input shaft

-Billet Flow IRS Brace
- Full Length Sub frame Connectors (welded
)

--One more thing, Am I going to need to change out my CAI with the higher boost levels that I am going to be seeing? Like the JLT "high boost" intake that is listed on lethal performance?
Thanks

Last edited:

Nino S

Established Member
just realized that I cannot run a single blade with this blower because the inlet is made for a twin blade so I am stuck with stock or the BBK that I have. Does anyone know if you can just buy the inlet itself from KB? Would the 2.8 mamouth inlet work on a 2.6 KB?

Nino S

Established Member
thanks! I think I am going to go with the accufab but I hear that Fore is actually in process of releasing one very soon. They actually may do a new carbon fiber inlet for the KB blowers within the next month and just may go that route. There are just to many differnet options to pick from when it comes to modding these cars!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100600

jumperjack

Established Member
just realized that I cannot run a single blade with this blower because the inlet is made for a twin blade so I am stuck with stock or the BBK that I have. Does anyone know if you can just buy the inlet itself from KB? Would the 2.8 mamouth inlet work on a 2.6 KB?
No and no. KB does not sell just the inlet but I don't think you will be disappointed with your gains even using the BBK. I do not know the flow rate for the BBK so can't really say if it will be a restriction. What did your buddy think of the setup? He could probably tell you more about it then anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread