What suspension setups are you guys running?

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Im looking at doing springs/shocks on my 07 and would like to hear/see what you guys got. Im fixing to start doing some open track events for fun every once and a while and have been looking at some "basic" setups. So far I think im going with the Steeda ultralites and Koni str-t shocks. I would really like to see some of the stances you guys got on aftermarket springs if possible.

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
Tein coilovers you cant go wrong with. H&R Coilovers, KW Coilovers. i have the FRPP handling package but its not low enough for me i think im going to slap some TEIN springs on it if it will work and get it a little lower :0)...i think im a Vdub guy at heart haha

if you want to get a suspension i think coilovers are definitly the way to go, you have full adjustment of the stance of your vehicle. great option for only a little bit more money

upl8dave

Established Member
2009 GT/CS, H&R Race Springs and Bilstein shocks and struts. $1100 and change plus install = $1400 That was salty enough for me. The car sits nice and level and takes what the road dishes out without any problems.
PICT0200.jpg

THE_STIG

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports "Starter Box" :
MM Caster/Camber Plates
H&R Race Springs
Bilstein Struts & Shocks

DSC_0097-1.gif

upl8dave

Established Member
Forgot to mention I also have an adjustable panhard bar. If you go with wide tires you will want one of these to even the car out side to side. I didn't do caster camber plates. My installer used a special bolt that does the job.

presvt

Established Member
Eibach pro, Tokico d-spec, MM CC Plates and adj. panhard bar
IMG_0726.jpg

H&R Race, Koni Yellows, MM CC Plates and adj. panhard bar
NQSsideshot.jpg

The H&R setup sits about is about 1/2" lower than the eibach.

presvt

Established Member
For me, keep in mind I have this big chin spoiler off the front, the H&R will scrape across a lot more things than the Eibach pro-kit will. If your not running a chin spoiler, then I would think you would be ok as long as your careful. I've never rubbed tires on either front or rear (18x9.5). I found the H&R race springs a little too stiff for normal daily driving, especially here in the Midwest with the roads (great on the track though). The Eibach's seem a little more compliant. But that is my .02.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
For me, keep in mind I have this big chin spoiler off the front, the H&R will scrape across a lot more things than the Eibach pro-kit will. If your not running a chin spoiler, then I would think you would be ok as long as your careful. I've never rubbed tires on either front or rear (18x9.5). I found the H&R race springs a little too stiff for normal daily driving, especially here in the Midwest with the roads (great on the track though). The Eibach's seem a little more compliant. But that is my .02.

Ya I just want a mild drop, like 1.25 front and 1.5 in the back. Those H&Rs look like almost 2inches front and back. Also PreSvt, is that red car on the steeda pentars yours? If so how do you like those steeda rims? They say they are "lightweight" but I can not find any figures. Ive been looking into them but im not sure yet...they look great tho.

upl8dave

Established Member
I drive daily on the H&R's with no problems. I even have to take on 3 RR tracks to and from work. They dropped my car dead level. A hair over an inch in front and almost 2 in back.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Ya I just want a mild drop, like 1.25 front and 1.5 in the back. Those H&Rs look like almost 2inches front and back. Also PreSvt, is that red car on the steeda pentars yours? If so how do you like those steeda rims? They say they are "lightweight" but I can not find any figures. Ive been looking into them but im not sure yet...they look great tho.

When I weighed mine without the tires they were ~ 28 or 29 lbs/rim if I remember correctly. (I have the black Pentar's on my car.)

That silver car he posted is also running Pentar's.

Last edited:

presvt

Established Member
that weight sounds about right. I really like the pentars. Your right, both the sliver and red car have the same rim. They are a 9.5 rim, so you can run a pretty good size tire and everything sits inside the fender nicely. The red car also has some wilwood brakes, so the rim clears those as well.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I daily drive on my H&Rs, only thing that bugs me is that whenever I go over a tire shredder it scrapes the bottom of my car. What is more annoying is I go over one every time I leave my air base.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
that weight sounds about right. I really like the pentars. Your right, both the sliver and red car have the same rim. They are a 9.5 rim, so you can run a pretty good size tire and everything sits inside the fender nicely. The red car also has some wilwood brakes, so the rim clears those as well.

Not to thread hi-jack, but what size tires are you running? I've got 275/40's (what Steeda recommended) on all fours. I'm thinking about getting something with more meat in the rear next time around if I can.

Also, that's another good thing about the Pentar's. They were designed to clear bigger brake kits. :rockon:

presvt

Established Member
Not to thread hi-jack, but what size tires are you running? I've got 275/40's (what Steeda recommended) on all fours. I'm thinking about getting something with more meat in the rear next time around if I can.

Also, that's another good thing about the Pentar's. They were designed to clear bigger brake kits. :rockon:

I'm running the 275/40/18. You could probably go a little bit wider in the back (not sure if you could go wider in the front without rubbing), but I like the setup now, no rubbing and you can rotate all 4 around.

Users who are viewing this thread