What supporting mods needed for ported blower?

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I'm wanting to get my blower ported but I want to be sure I have all of the supporting mods first. Will I need new injector, MAF extender, and BAP to run safe with the blower?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I went the safe route with my ported blower, TB and plenum and 2.76. I went with a BAP, SCT BA 2400 MAF (MAF Xtender or MAFia will work too) which are definites along with a safe tune IMO. Stock injectors should still be OK, I'm on mine with no problems--see the dyno numbers in my sig.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
Thanks, so I can get by with just the MAFextender? The BAP is a little pricey for me right now. However I don't want to cut any corners and risk a failure.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Dude, you will need a BAP and a MAF solution for certain, and when you get to my HP level and above you will also need 60lb injectors. If you can't afford to play at this level, wait until you have the cash to buy the proper parts and do it all at once. I just went through all of this and wish I would have bought the 60lb injectors at the very start. Would have saved me some grief.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I can swing the BAP and MAFextender. How can I tell if my injectors are maxed out? I have a fuel pressure gauge and WBC so can I just monitor them while doing a pull?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
You're going to have to go with the BAP and MAFXtender. The stock injectors are good to roughly 550 RWHP which you will probably be 50 HP short of. What kind of tune do you plan on going with?

S/CCobra03

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
You're going to have to go with the BAP and MAFXtender. The stock injectors are good to roughly 550 RWHP which you will probably be 50 HP short of. What kind of tune do you plan on going with?

I'm getting a RWTD tune. My mods are in my sig.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
badcobra said:
They weren't on my car. They will only be good to that level if you are running some crazy rail pressure. Not a good plan.

Yeah each car is different, it's best to check or have your tuner check to be safe. I was OK at 500/500, just needed the BAP.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Here is the problem I see. If your pumps are maxed out, you have a very small window of being 'fine'. If you get outside that window, you could have a major problem. You get a cool day with high pressure, low dewpoints, and then KABOOM. You run lean and burn a piston. It simply is not worth it to skimp when you look at the cost of building a new engine. The pumps can only deliver so much volume, and when they are at 100% duty cycle, they simply cannot deliver more fuel if your engine needs it. It's the same situation with injectors. If you plan to play in the 500+ HP sandbox, be prepared to shell out for the proper parts or play at a lower HP level.

acrod

Established Member
Ok I have a question Im getting a ported blower with 2.76 pulley, and I have a JLT CAI and o/r h-pipe and magnaflow catback and mafextender, I have my car set for the install and tune next week. I ordered the BAP but it's on backorder right now and I have already changed he date for my tune like twice and I really dont want to have to wait another 3-4 weeks till I get the bap and tune appt. it was bad enough trying to get these days off to get it tuned and it will be a hassle to try to get off again by next month. I live in Georgia, pretty hot down here right now it won't get cool at all till like september and I never take my car to full boost anyways. Will I be alright for now till without the BAP till I get it on as long as I get it redone before summer is over and don't hit boost too much?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
No you will not be fine. You will be out of fuel pump. Find another vendor that has BAP's in stock and get it on before your dyno session.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
badcobra said:
Dude, you will need a BAP and a MAF solution for certain, and when you get to my HP level and above you will also need 60lb injectors. .

Agreed!! You will need a mafextender and a bap! I know that I needed them along with bigger injector so I went with 60#'s!! But it your car and your decision...make sure you make them right one....

Better to be safe than sorry!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread