What supercharger do you recommend?>

WannaB Cobra

Established Member
OK I have been asking many questions on whta to do. I am in the process of building up a 2001 DOHC motor to dump in my GT (got motor for great price) anyway im now looking into a supercharger for it. I like the Vortech SQ2 don't know y I just do. Just curious on what you guys have to say bout the SQ2 or Paxton or anything else. What I am looking for, Just a nice all around power adder, for a Daily driven car. Maybe like 8-10psi or so. Also where can I purchase the supercharger???

Thanks
Sal

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
IF the blower is strictly for a daily driver I would consider a roots type. The torque curve is better than a centrifugal and the HP is comparable until you reach the last 500 RPM's of your power band.

Personally I've been thinking incon-twin turbo.

Just an idea...

Bill

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Depends on the power levels you want to reach and how you drive. If you don't mind winding the Cobra out on a regular basis and want to get bigger numbers I would go centrifigual. But if you want the low end grunt for street light to street light sprints get a twin screw/roots style.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Actually I would recommend going with a turbo. But thats because I don't care about having alot of low end power. There isn't much turbo lag either. Got to TurboDrivenConcepts.com. They have packages for the cobra that range from 450-1000+hp. You might like the stage 2 kit rated at 550RWhp. If you just want more power for cruising around than go with a supercharger, but if you want to go racing on the highway alot get the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread