What Supercharger? And SVT AFR gauge?

BigScott96

Established Member
Hello all. I’ve kind of asked this question once before. Have to ask again. I picked up a stage II intercooled HO procharger for my 96 cobra. I really wanted the Kenne bell. But I got a great price in a NIB pro charger. Now I found a NIB Kenne bell! WTH!! Lol! Basically the same price for both. What one will give me more power and if I decide to build the internals what one will I be able to push farther?

Now on to the SVT AFR gauge. Where can you by those?

Thank you everyone in advance and for dealing with the million SC questions from me.

cobracide

Established Member
Well you didn't say what KB model. Twin Screw and Centrifugal have completely different powerbands. What is your intended usage/goals? Street? I'd say KB all the way for wide powerband. Racing? The ProCharger holds an edge because it's easier to get traction with it's top end powerband.

I don't think SVT sells an AFR gauge. You are probably looking at a gauge with the SVT logo printed on the dial. There are SEVERAL of those. AEM?

These guys will put whatever you want on the faceplate.

BigScott96

Established Member
Well you didn't say what KB model. Twin Screw and Centrifugal have completely different powerbands. What is your intended usage/goals? Street? I'd say KB all the way for wide powerband. Racing? The ProCharger holds an edge because it's easier to get traction with it's top end powerband.

I don't think SVT sells an AFR gauge. You are probably looking at a gauge with the SVT logo printed on the dial. There are SEVERAL of those. AEM?

These guys will put whatever you want on the faceplate.
I’m a fan of the KB. Love the look and hate the look of the centri. It’s the KN 2.1. I have a street car. Mainly car shows and cruises. I’ll take it to the track a few times as well. I already have a adjustable race suspension, aluminum drive shaft, 456 gears. A couple other small things as well.

Both are NIB never installed. If I go with the KB I’ll sell the procharger for about 5,500. Im just up in the air. Since I already bought the Pro charger I’m leaning towards that. But I LOVE tge KB!

Thank you for the gauges site. I’ll be ordering from there.

robvas

Established Member
Even if it’s just a occasional cruiser/ racer? Does it make that big of a difference?
I'll take 150hp increase instead of 90hp, along with the cooler temps. Especially for the money you end up spending, and if you ever want to build the motor and turn the boost up later

Adower

Established Member
Hello all. I’ve kind of asked this question once before. Have to ask again. I picked up a stage II intercooled HO procharger for my 96 cobra. I really wanted the Kenne bell. But I got a great price in a NIB pro charger. Now I found a NIB Kenne bell! WTH!! Lol! Basically the same price for both. What one will give me more power and if I decide to build the internals what one will I be able to push farther?

Now on to the SVT AFR gauge. Where can you by those?

Thank you everyone in advance and for dealing with the million SC questions from me.
Anything centrifugal. Can’t go wrong.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the KB 2.1 Flowzilla that was on my 93. It was on it for a few years but I just pulled it off to go centri. The KB is awesome for almost instant torque, but it runs way too hot and I never ran the car into the yellow on the tac because I was apprehensive about the heat and whatever else. I think you’re better off with a centrifugal for your car. These aren’t intercooled, purpose built cars for FI.

DaveWertz

Established Member
I was in the same boat a couple years ago. Wanted the KB but ended up with a Vortech. I first went non intercooled then realized that wasnt a safe option pounding all that heat in my motor. Plus the lose of power. Finally last year i went IC and never looked back. Was super easy and IMO its a near bullet proof setup. Amd I have the option to put as much power as i want. My IAT temps stay at ambient, i lost boost due to my crappy IC but still gained 30 whp . A simple swap to a mishimoto IC and I'm sure I can gain another 10 or 20hp on boost I lost. IMO unless you have a way to cool those intake temps a Centri or turbo is the only way to go. Unfortunately KB kits on our cars dont offer cooling methods unless you use meth, then again thats one more thing that can fail ans cause massive problems..

Sent from my LM-Q620 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread