What super charger to get for my needs?

erick stangup

Established Member
I have a few months before i have enough money for a super charger for my 2011 mustang gt 6speed with 3.73 gears. I been doing alot of research but im still not conviced on which one to get. First i was going roush but i read somewhere that they have heat soak issues. Second i was thinking going with paxton but ive read that sometimes they stall. I havent read much on vortech yet. My goal is to build my engine a bit just enough to hold about 800hp. I live in cali so im looking to buy a carb legal sc but i will be buying cai throttle body and smaller pulley once i build my engine so for a while i will just have the sc. I will also want an aggressive tune but since i live in cali i will be uninstalling cai, tb and put the original pulley it came with and retuning it back to the same tune once i need to smog it so i can pass smog. so my main question is with these upgrades im planning to put after i get my sc what sc will give me the best power with the bolt ons i stated

hand-filer

Established Member
There are 53 pages of threads on the subject and all of you're questions have been asked many times by others and opined on by many others. I'd suggest you read some more.

burke985

Established Member
No heat soak issues here with my roush kit . VMP would probably be more what your looking for as it has the upgraded heat exchanger all that bigger TB and Bigger CAI mess will not net you anything over the roush kit unless you run high boost. So if high boost is in your plans then get a VMP Kit as it will be more benefical to your wants ,but if your like me and wanna run the stock block as long as you can get a roush stage 3 kit and it will be more than enough put you close to 650+whp with supporting mods and be efficient.

erick stangup

Established Member
No heat soak issues here with my roush kit . VMP would probably be more what your looking for as it has the upgraded heat exchanger all that bigger TB and Bigger CAI mess will not net you anything over the roush kit unless you run high boost. So if high boost is in your plans then get a VMP Kit as it will be more benefical to your wants ,but if your like me and wanna run the stock block as long as you can get a roush stage 3 kit and it will be more than enough put you close to 650+whp with supporting mods and be efficient.

I would like to go vmp but im been looking to see if its carb legal but nothing states that its carb legal. I might end up going roush and get get the carb legal tune and just upgrade it and get a better tune and change it back to the carb legal tune when i need to get it smoged

burke985

Established Member
I would like to go vmp but im been looking to see if its carb legal but nothing states that its carb legal. I might end up going roush and get get the carb legal tune and just upgrade it and get a better tune and change it back to the carb legal tune when i need to get it smoged

I think the stage 1 roush kit is the only carb legal roush kit if I'm not mistaken.

erick stangup

Established Member
I think the stage 1 roush kit is the only carb legal roush kit if I'm not mistaken.

Yea its the only carb legal roush. But i can buy the cai and smaller pulley separate and get it retuned. And just take the cai and smaller pulley off and retune it back to the same carb legal tune just to pass smog

burke985

Established Member
Yea its the only carb legal roush. But i can buy the cai and smaller pulley separate and get it retuned. And just take the cai and smaller pulley off and retune it back to the same carb legal tune just to pass smog

Yeah that should be no problem, good luck

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the vortech / Paxton / and roush phase 1 are the only carb legal kits. We have all of them available. As far as stalling issues, shouldn't have any issues with that.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ beef what is needed to push the least amount of boost to get 600rwhp?
I know Ill need at least: Long tube headers, Boss IM, catted x or h pipe.

Thanks for answering all of our questions btw. I've seen you post here for awhile now, you are a stand up guy.

JasinEdward

Established Member
I know 3.73's aren't the ideal gearing for FI when it comes to these coyotes, but what is a more ideal setup.... tvs-style or centri?

burke985

Established Member
I know 3.73's aren't the ideal gearing for FI when it comes to these coyotes, but what is a more ideal setup.... tvs-style or centri?

Centri would be more ideal for 3.73's but honestly mist guys with centris say 3.73's are too much.

Users who are viewing this thread