What subs and boxes are you guys using?

Pewter99TransAm

I have a little extra cash to blow and want to add a little bass to the truck. I plan to use a 600 watt amp that I have from my old Trans Am and I was curious to what boxes and subs you guys are using since I am having a hard time finding Lightning specifc boxes and want to make sure that what I am looking at would fit. I would like to run just one sub but the only boxes I have found specifically for a Lightning are dual sub enclosures. Below is the only box I have found so far and the two subs I am considering:

Sub Enclosure
http://subbox.net/store/product.php?productid=78&cat=19&page=1

Woofers
Pioneer - 12" Single-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Component Subwoofer - TS-W302R
Alpine - Type-E 10" Single-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer - SWE-1043

Any input your guys could give me on the options I am considering would be appreciated along with other subwoofers and boxes not listed. Trying to spend less than $300 on the woofer/woofers and box.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
If all you want is a little bass and you don't want to spend more than $300 you could get these. They do run $339 without an amplifier, but they fit in our trucks like they were factory. Below is a photo of them in a Lightning and a link to their website.

Subwoofer Enclosures|Subwoofer Boxes|Custom|Vehicle Specific - Ford F-150 Regular Cab 97-03 MTX Thunderform Subwoofer Enclosure

graphics.0.moreGraphics

Pewter99TransAm

That is very much what I am looking for man. Havent seen that site yet...really considering that box/woofer set up! What would the interior of our truck be considered? Grey or Charcoal...?

Last edited by a moderator:

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
That is very much what I am looking for man. Havent seen that site yet...really considering that box/woofer set up! What would the interior of our truck be considered? Grey or Charcoal...?

Call Mark and tell him you have a Lightning and he will know. I ordered the sub with an amplifier for my truck and I'm very happy with it. Go to the website and they should have contact information for how to reach Mark.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
can you move the drivers seat ALL the way back with that thunderform??

i had the musicmoose or whatever their name is from ebay, and that box sucked. i still have it in the truck, but i cut it in half so i can move my seat all the way back.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
can you move the drivers seat ALL the way back with that thunderform??

Yes I can. I'm over 6 foot and I always drive with my seat all the way back and my seat tilted back a little and they don't hit the back of my seat. But they do give you a nice back massage when you crank it up. :-D

Below is a larger picture where you can see just how good they fit into our trucks. They sit on the shelf out of the way and even have a little indention in the middle for our arm rests.

Last edited:

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
Wow they do stick out. You can see in the last photo how slim the Thunderform speaker enclosure is. It really fits our trucks like a glove and looks like it came from the factory. I bought mine with the amplifier inside and I've been very happy with it.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
i have an amplifier, i may pick me up a used thunderform maybe without the subs, or just go with the thin memphis subs and those 4 inch or so thick boxes. that thunderform does fit good though dude!

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
They really tuck in the back nice and match the rest of the plastic in our interior. Once in place you just drill two pilot holes in the holes in the little ears on each side of the box and bolt in some screws and it doesn't move around at all. I was impressed with just how nice everything fit and looked. If you are as picky as I am I'd get a cherry new one instead of taking a chance on a nicked up used one. You can get a new one on that site without the subwoofers for $259

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread