what stall converter shall i purchase

Rook

Established Member
im getting a whipple at the end of the summer so im wondering what would be the best setup. the L is not my daily driver. maybe somebody can tell me what they liked and how much it helped their 60ft.

shhak

Established Member
Precision Industries sells very nice converters, but if I were you I'd contact PTC in Muscle Shoals, AL. They build some great pieces there. PM Chris06GT, he works there. They are very reasonable and have great customer suervice.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I would venture to guess most guys have only bought and installed one converter into there trucks. It is unlikely that you will get an unbiased and objective opinion b/c most will just tell you what they use. Do a search and figure out which one best suits you needs and price range.

But to answer your question I would say PI just b/c thats what i bought even though I havent installed it yet.

Last edited:

Rook

Established Member
thanks for the replys. i just went to track last weekend and i couldnt beat 1.8. im running drag slicks and was hooking good. i was wondering if somebody had times before they put tq converter in and after. i been on this site for awhile and i know to search but everyday somebody tends to learn something new about our trucks so their is no sense in telling somebody to search. i think im gonna go and get a circle d tq converter and get some headers guss i search that.

svtsilverback

Established Member
a TC is on my list also. i am not making huge power right now but i will be someday. sounds like a 2400 stall would be a good all around choice for me.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Yeah both Circle D and PI make some nice converters. Headers will help out a lot when you put the whipple on and start making more power.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
i been on this site for awhile and i know to search but everyday somebody tends to learn something new about our trucks so their is no sense in telling somebody to search.

Such an inane thread title and generalized content as your first post is reason enough in itself to ask someone if they've searched. Having done so you would have read the numerous posts and seen that several state a converter is good for .2-.3 in the 1/4 as well as all the brands. Knowing that information, one could then make a more informed thread title and topic which allowes others to post even more specific information and experiences instead of merely answering a very general and unsubjective question.

Please utilize the search feature, it will more quickly and easily help us help you (and others of course).

Hughes Performance here, only one that I know running one. :beer:

Rook

Established Member
sorry man didnt mean this thread to piss you off. after i made this thread a few people sent me some valuable information. they hooked me up with chris from circle d and he let me in on some information about what size to get. maybe if you would have took time to talk to me u can convince me get a hughes performance. thanks for everybodys help

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If I were pissed it would have gotten deleted, I'm merely trying to help you and others understand the most productive way to use the forums. No need for any attitude here, we're all family on this site.

You shouldn't let anyone 'talk' you into buying anything IMO, do your own research and homework and then make the most educated decision you can using others advice along with that. That's why I have something different than anyone else does. ;-)

Chris is GREAT to deal with and you've made a good choice. Are you going to opt for the 5 disk unit?

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
Dirtydog Performance TC here.....he is local to me. That helped with my decision.

Rich

Mondo1

Established Member
Precision Industries sells very nice converters, but if I were you I'd contact PTC in Muscle Shoals, AL. They build some great pieces there. PM Chris06GT, he works there. They are very reasonable and have great customer suervice.

Unfortunatley, PTC does not sell a triple disc and no billet stator plate either. I was on the phone with them today. Spoke with Chris at Circle D. Theirs seems like the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread