What square tire/wheel setup is anybody running?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
It's coming time to switch to a 19" square setup for the track that I can rotate to preserve tire life. I plan to run a Hoosier on the car. Obviously need to clear front '13/'14 GT500 calipers.
Any recommendations appreciated.
I know Slowponycar is running a set of Forgeline GA1R's that I really like, but he's running a 19x10 and 19x11 setup.
Thanks.
S.

Obligatory track pics:
afkk.jpg

9pfr.jpg

0wlv.jpg

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I would base my decision on the availability of scuff tires. See what Continental is running the Boss 302S and get that setup. Scuff tires are soooo much cheaper than buying new tires.

Tom

Slowponycar

Established Member
It's coming time to switch to a 19" square setup for the track that I can rotate to preserve tire life. I plan to run a Hoosier on the car. Obviously need to clear front '13/'14 GT500 calipers.
I know Slowponycar is running a set of Forgeline GA1R's that I really like, but he's running a 19x10 and 19x11 setup.
Thanks.
S.

Obligatory track pics:
afkk.jpg

9pfr.jpg

0wlv.jpg

Looking good!!! Hopefully you didn't run into too much traffic like last time back in Dec. You could run a 19x10s, maybe a 10.5 and use a 295/35/19 R6, loved my R6s lol, you will have to run a spacer on the rear but you will be able to rotate your wheels. Van knows, he and I discussed this issue for my car a couple months ago.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
No way would I run a spacer on a track car. Too harsh an environment with side loads and high speed for me to be comfortable with a spacer.

Tom

Slowponycar

Established Member
No way would I run a spacer on a track car. Too harsh an environment with side loads and high speed for me to be comfortable with a spacer.

Tom

Yeah, I didn't go that route. Was afraid of the same issues you just stated.

cluscher

Established Member
I'd look at Forgestar. Light, affordable, with variable sizing options to suit your needs.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member

Tom

Yeah, I didn't go that route. Was afraid of the same issues you just stated.

Interesting coment..... I guess all of the guys that are running the Ford Racing BBS wheels with a 1/4 spacer are going to have problems. NASA, Grand-Am...

jtfx6552

Established Member
I would base my decision on the availability of scuff tires. See what Continental is running the Boss 302S and get that setup. Scuff tires are soooo much cheaper than buying new tires.

Tom

Where is a good source of "scuff" tires?

jtfx6552

Established Member
Thanks.
S.

Whose events do you like to run? I've done a bunch of BMW events, seem well run and the on track insurance rates seem ok compared to some other groups.

Users who are viewing this thread