what speed does it stop pulling hard

john123456

Established Member
just wondering i have lts c&l intake x with high flow cats and flows cat back and 373 gears. just for shits n giggles on the way back from ihop deseted road at night i droped a gear and punched it but at like 115 or so it seems like it stops pulling very hard. its still going but alot slower does that seem right? my speedo seems to read a lil low also. it just seems like it should keep going a lil better becuase it pulls nice til then anyways just wondering thanks

SteedaX47

Established Member
Personally idk bout the cobras but in my turbo gt it'd stop pulling hard around 120-130. Then again I have 1k less useable rpm than you and those speeds are when I shift into 5th. Sooo overdrive sucks for low hp cars lol.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
With my 4.10's I top out around 120 or so in 4th and thats when my car quits pulling good. 5th does alright but I stop after top of 4th.

john123456

Established Member
idk i guess im kinda disapointed i wanted this car for awhile like 13 years only to find out my old crappy talon woulda just destroyed it and gotta hope i dont see my buddies flipin cobalt ss on the highway sigh still like my car but expected more i guess

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If your talon was stock then it would not keep up with your cobra.

What does your 4th gear top out at?

john123456

Established Member
well talon wasnt stock but was still a shitbox a fast shitbox but one none the less ill have to check next time see what 4th tops at . i really need to get the stuff to test my spedo cuase it seemed like at 50 my friend that i was on the phone with said he was at 60 which makes no sense to me and at 35 he was 40 now 0-like 115 it runs great if it is really 115 lol

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Probably because of the 3.73 gears. The previous owner probably never calibrated the speedo. Mine was off by 10mph before I had it corrected.

SteedaX47

Established Member
Probably because of the 3.73 gears. The previous owner probably never calibrated the speedo. Mine was off by 10mph before I had it corrected.

Yeeeah but if it were off for 3.73s he'd be slower than his speedo and not faster than it.

SteedaX47

Established Member
With my 4.10's I top out around 120 or so in 4th and thats when my car quits pulling good. 5th does alright but I stop after top of 4th.

Damn 120 in 4th with 4.10s... I can't wait to finish my 4v swap so I can be doing close to that in 3rd what rpm was that at?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ahh shit you're right. I got it backwards. lol

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn 120 in 4th with 4.10s... I can't wait to finish my 4v swap so I can be doing close to that in 3rd what rpm was that at?

Close to the top of 4th like 6400 or something.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Well you have basic bolt ons man, throw some nitrous or blower or turbo on it and it won't be slow anymore :)

SteedaX47

Established Member
Ahh shit you're right. I got it backwards. lol

Lol no big deal I had to look at it like 4 times to be sure!

Close to the top of 4th like 6400 or something.

I topped my 4th out yesterday at 130 @ 7,500 with 410

Gah both of you, that's way badass. My 4th at 5.5k with 3.27s is at 115-120 :/

But jesus 7500... id love to wind it up like that one day. What h/c/I are you running? Valvetrain?

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
Lol no big deal I had to look at it like 4 times to be sure!

Gah both of you, that's way badass. My 4th at 5.5k with 3.27s is at 115-120 :/

But jesus 7500... id love to wind it up like that one day. What h/c/I are you running? Valvetrain?

All stock valvetrain....

bornatiger

Established Member
I'm no expert and I have been past 7k, maybe 7.2k. Should you be going up to 7.5k on a stock motor? I would think that would do some damage after awhile. At least put better springs and ARP head bolts in it to rev as high as you want.:shrug:

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
I'm no expert and I have been past 7k, maybe 7.2k. Should you be going up to 7.5k on a stock motor? I would think that would do some damage after awhile. At least put better springs and ARP head bolts in it to rev as high as you want.:shrug:

It's not like it's an everyday thing the motor might see 7500 twice a year.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
My cobra pulls pretty hard all the way to 130. I have 373's but I also have a t-56. If your friend has a modded cobalt ss tt then you will have trouble beating him from a roll. Many of those cars with bolt on's will make over 300whp, and given the weight advantage they can be pretty quick from a roll. With boost you will embarrass them but n/a it will be difficult. Full bolt on with a short runner and a little weight reduction should put you ahead.

SVTPete83

Established Member
T-56 here, 7200 in fourth was 124 according to the trap speed indicator at my track. Oh and I have 4.56's

Users who are viewing this thread