What speed do you prefer to roll race from?

What speed do you like to roll race from?

• 15mph

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 20mph

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 25mph

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 30mph

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 35mph

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 40mph

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 45mph

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 50mph

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 55mph

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 60mph

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
What kind of speed do you guys like to start from when you roll race?

I know a lot of us prefer drag racing, but this is a poll for roll racing. And even though some may not like it, when people are out messing around on the street, a roll race is usually what you will have to do since you cannot always stop on the road.

With that said, we shouldn't even be racing on the street anyway. But thats not what this thread is about. If you are going to race from a roll, which speed do you prefer?

Feel free to give your reasons for it. Wether it is because of your car's gearing, where you get peak rwhp/and or rwtq, or anything else that would come into play.

Try not to think so much about if you like roll racing more then drag racing and just think about what mph you would choose to start from.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
25-30mph in 1st if my tires are warm enough to hook. If not, 40-45mph in 2nd is about perfect for my powerband as well.

Dusten

Established Member
I would think about 30 in second gear, i shift about 5500, so it puts me at a decent rpm, without having to shift again, right away

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Usually when I race someone from a roll it's at all different speeds. If I could choose it would be from about 45 MPH work out 2nd gear.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Since I still run regular tires (no drag radials), and can't even get traction until 3rd... anything above 60 is what works for me.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
20-25mph in first....thats the best spot for my car :rockon: :burnout:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
tistan said:
What kind of non-driver roll races? I always run from a dead stop.

Like I mentioned, the point of this thread is not to say roll racing is better then drag racing. Obviously, drag racing takes more skill, and I actually think it is more fun. Especially on an IRS 03 cobra. Launching these cars can be very exciting and/or frustrating. So I don't want you guys to think I just want to roll race all the time. I actually haven't street raced in almost a year and when I did, I would prefer to go from a stop (if possible). But, street racing is not good either, but thats another topic for another thread.

The point of this thread is find out what speed you guys would prefer to start out from if you 'had' to race from a roll. Even though some of you wouldn't, what speed is the best for your car? Some may like 40mph for a good second gear start, and some may like 20mph for a good first gear start. All I need to know is what speed would you choose if you had to race from a roll.

I really appreciate everyone's vote :beer: Keep the voting and information coming!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I'm all about going from a stop. Unless I'm raceing aganst someone with DRs, or slicks, those AWD sti, and evo, and what nots, let'em have thier 60 ft leads, I have yet to not beable to pass'em after that, most of the time, I can get'em from a dig anyways. And if I'm racing a Stang, or Camarro, or something like that, they are going to have just as hard a time hooking of as I am, so bring it on, skill against skill. BUt most of my races are when leaving a light, afer the light turns green, and I start driving away, some punk tries to do a blow by, so I am usally at 20 or so when I get on it and let'em know that if they wanna smoke me, thier going to have to do it while I'm running too. SO I voted for 20 because you did not have 0 on thier, and 15 would just be a burn out after the down shift, I can pedel it just fine at 20. If I'm on the high way, I'd prefer that good old 45 or 50 kick down to top second and go. That'll shut'em up.

Users who are viewing this thread