What size turbo is this.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Just curious if you guys could tell me what size ie T-44, T-61, or T-64.....

pics below

turbo3.gif

turbo2.gif

turbo1.gif

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Is it me or does it just look small? When I had a powerdyne kit, I can remember the compressor being big as hell. This turbo will be going on my 5.0l

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Compressor wheel almost looks T-4 to me.. but I haven't worked with much beyond T-3/T-4 hybrids...

I agree, post it to Turbomustangs.com and let them look.

Don't worry about the comp. housing being a little smallish, turbos are waay more efficient that superchargers.

thematrixhazune

Follow the white rabbit
Established Member
Thanks for your input - I am glad to hear that its not going to be too small. I was just a little worried about that. I did however post on turbomustangs.com but no one at the moment can tell me the size as of yet. I measured the inducer and exducer of the compressor wheel, and I have

inducer = 2 7/16 or roughly 63mm

exducer = 3 1/4 or roughtly 83mm

But so far everyone is saying it is big enough.

SpookSVT

Established Member
I''m gonna say a mid-sized T4. For some reason the turbine housing looks small but its probably just the way i'm lookin at it.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Considering looking at it now it says "A/R 60" on the comp. housing, I'd say 60 trim T4 for sure. Hot side looks too big for T3, I think it's a T-4 all the way thru... but again, maybe how I'm looking at it.

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Decent t4, did you measure the wheels with a caliper? Looks as if it could be a 63mm or so. Send that bitch out and get it ported and clipped! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread