What size tires needed for 373 gears and mods?

willief23

Established Member
Hi,
So im getting my 13 or 14 GT auto next month but wanted to make sure that the tires im getting will be wide enough for my mods.
It will have pmas intake, kooks 1 3/4 headers, kooks h pipe, stainless works retro catback, 373 gears, dynotech 1 piece driveshaft, AED tune. For suspension mods steeda lca, lca relocation brackets, upper control arm bracket, adjustable uca, adjustable panhard bar, panhard bar brace, steeda rear brace. Fortune Auto 510 series coilovers with spring rates of 7k in front and 5k rear. I will be getting 255s for front tire but the rears im not sure on. 285 or 295 is the widest Michelin A/S 3+ makes. Will that be good enough for traction off the line with the rest of my suspension mods? The rear rims are 10.5" i think 315 is the widest that would fit on that size rim but not 100% sure. I saw some nittos and falken all season tires in bigger widths in 305s and 315s if i needed more then 285/295s. I wont be autocrossing the car so dont really need bigger then 255s in the front. And yes it has to be an all season tire summer tires wont work for crap with the winters being in the low 30s and sometimes 20s. Thanks for any and all advice. Will subframe connectors just make me lose more traction off the line since its putting more power to the wheels instead of losing some in chasis flex? I know in my 12 v6 with full bolt ons it barely added any more wheel spin off the line.

clinton2003

Established Member
if your in cali, why not run a summer tire? will get better traction vs an all season. they wont last as long, but if your really worried about tractions... honestly though if your not boosted, you'd probably be fine with the 285 or 295 as3. they are good tires.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
7k front 5k rear? Do you mean 700 / 500? Even that is pretty stuff. My coilover setup is 450/250 IIRC. If your roads are not perfect then I wouldn’t go stiffer than that for a DD.

willief23

Established Member
My current setup on my 12 v6 is 340lbs front and 280 or 300lbs in the rear. I was told that converts to 6k and 5k spring rates. But I am also getting the swift spring upgrade on the fortune auto coilovers which is less bouncy and less harsh then the normal springs that come on all coilovers. The swift springs has less coil windings and are half the weight of the normal steel springs. Theres more benefits to the swift springs but those are the main ones.

thanks clinton thats good to know. I currently run all season continental extreme dws 06 on a full bolt on v6 and can barely get the tires to spin. Between all the suspension mods, and the upgraded wavetrac lsd I figured it would behave mostly the same on the GT especially with slightly stickier tires on the michelin as 3+.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread