What size sway bar endlinks?

Voodoo Snake

Established Member
Has anyone changed their sway bar endlinks after they lowered their cobra?

I am looking at getting shorter endlinks after I install H&R race springs with stock iso's.

If so, what size end links did you use? 4 1/4" or 4 1/2"?

Thanks

I'm also going to replace rack bushings with poly offset rack bushings.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Voodoo,

I did the solid bushings, 4.25 end links, bumpsteer kit, and X2 ball joints..

It feels secure through even bumpy corners.

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
I purchased the X'2 ball joints, bumpsteer kit, MM c/c plates, H&R Race....not installed yet....Should I be doing something else when lowering and why? Still fairly new to the suspension setup. Not quite understanding the swaybar endlinks. Thanks

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hawk, when your car is at stock height, the swaybar is about parallel to the ground when it is just sitting still. This puts the endlinks at a 90 degree angle to the sway bar so the bushings on it aren't binding and all is well. Makes for the best response out of the whole system.

When the car is lowered, the a-arms sit a bit higher towards the outside, which raises the endlinks as well. When the car is sitting still, the sway bar will be tilted upward and the endlinks will still be vertical, but now they are at an angle less than 90 degrees. This binds the bushings and makes them work more and wear out faster. The sway bar doesn't do its job as well and if you get enough jounce in the suspension, could actually mess up the sway bar mounts, endlinks or a-arm.

Shorter endlinks will put the sway bar back to parallel even with the raised a-arms, and allow it to work properly again.

To the OP, if you have the stock k-member, get the MM spherical aluminum rack bushings plus the bumpsteer kit and you won't be sorry. Steering feel is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread