What size spacers?

Babbit

Established Member
Ok, I got 18x9's with 275/35's, tokico springs/shocks/struts.
The tokico's only lowered the car slightly, probably because I replaced the worn out rubber isolators with Energy Suspension urethane ones. I am satisfied with the lowering (I did not want to slam it), but now it is more noticable that the fronts stick out further than the rears.

Any opinions/advice on what size spacers to use on the rears?

Thanks people.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I'd put up pics if everything I had wasn't in storage...damn moving, I hate it. I have Maximum Motorsports 1 inch spacers. They are the largest MM spacers you can fit on stock lug nuts. Real Easy to do...if you can change a tire, you can do them in about 30 minutes total. Those spacers really give the car a great stance from behind. They will run you about 140'ish a pair. Once you get on the spacers and the lowering is right...you'll say..."This is how the car should look". It will go from stock looking to mean looking just with those two things done.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I have a set of made for ebay 1" inch spacers with my cobra r's and they work great. Only cost me $60 too. It really does make the car look ALOT better. Even a buddy of mine can't stop talking about how much better the car looks with them.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I've been looking into getting Eibach 1 inc spacers myself, but was wondering do the spacers weaken the rear?

Chris

Babbit

Established Member
thanks for the info, guys. :beer:

Time to get 1 inch spacers. Is there a real difference between brands or are they all the pretty much the same?

Like, the MM ones aren't going to give me 5 more HP to the wheels over a generic eBay set, right? :D :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread